The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bonnet spacers or cut bonnet

fruity_south

Spacers/Raisers or Cut!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Spacers/Raisers or Cut!

• SPacers/Raisers
    • Cut Carbon bonnet

Right peeps, need your opinions. I'll also add a poll to this.

Currently got my Top Secret Carbon bonnet on my supra, and with the v8 swap i have done i am looking at adding a supercharger. However slight problem... Its not going to fit under there as it is now.

What i am after is opinions on what i should do, should i use the dreaded bonnet spacer/raisers or cut the centre section out for the charger and then re-inforce it underneath. Must admit though not keen on cutting the bonnet up.

Right peeps, need your opinions. I'll also add a poll to this.

Currently got my Top Secret Carbon bonnet on my supra, and with the v8 swap i have done i am looking at adding a supercharger. However slight problem... Its not going to fit under there as it is now.

What i am after is opinions on what i should do, should i use the dreaded bonnet spacer/raisers or cut the centre section out for the charger and then re-inforce it underneath. Must admit though not keen on cutting the bonnet up.

easy dont fit the charger ontop of the engine.

no other option with fitting it on the v8

why's that then,it makes no difference where the charger is mounted.Infact there is a lexus v8 with twin superchargers slung under each side.Aston martin twin supercharged have them out to the side of the engine.I presume you are using an eaton,if not a vortech type charger might be an option.

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

+1

If your going to do all that work to the engine, then a second hand £50 bonnet is worth it

:yeahthat:

Not having a dig but there seems to be a lot of this lately, people putting in loads of effort into the mechanical but scrimping on the cheaper cosmetic things. If your going to do it then do it right, this of course is just my opinion.

:yeahthat:

Not having a dig but there seems to be a lot of this lately, people putting in loads of effort into the mechanical but scrimping on the cheaper cosmetic things. If your going to do it then do it right, this of course is just my opinion.

If i had to scrimp anywhere it would be cosmetic, maybe he's more concerned with go than show. Spacers might fix his problem quickly and cheaply, as opposed to hundreds of quid and the wait for a bodyshop to do a bonnet bulge. Just a thought. Just because the guy isn't spending a weeks wages on a custom bonnet doesn't mean he's a cheapskate.

If i had to scrimp anywhere it would be cosmetic, maybe he's more concerned with go than show. Spacers might fix his problem quickly and cheaply, as opposed to hundreds of quid and the wait for a bodyshop to do a bonnet bulge. Just a thought. Just because the guy isn't spending a weeks wages on a custom bonnet doesn't mean he's a cheapskate.

Fair enough but when people see it they will think it is a half hearted attempt as its one of the first things they see, that's what I would see anyway. It may not be the case but I think if they haven't done that properly what else have they bodged. This is in no one way saying the OP is bodging anything but if you were to see the vehicle that is how it would come across.

Im not going to lie im pretty insulted that you say people who see the vehicle would say its bodged. Everything from the flocked dash to installing the engine, as well as welding the exhaust has been carried out by myself. i have spent 13 months so far on this build, and havent even got to the charger stage yet (that is this winters job) and have currently got it in for bodywork and paint. Now i know these options are not to everyones liking, and by posting up this poll i was going to get comments about a buldge but i am keeping the top secret bonnet and will either raiser or cut it. when i say cut it its not going to be a huge charger sitting out of the bonnet. its the drive pully for the bonnet which would poke out through the bonnet in between the front two vents.