The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone tried ebay rear diffuser

gjp

Has anyone in the club bought one of the rear diffusers from ebay?

I wanted to know what they were like and how good the fitment was?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-MK4-DIFFUSER-BODYKIT-SKYLINE-FD3S-/320717192028?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aac3bfb5c#ht_2263wt_1026

No-where near the quality of the Shine ones, I saw a Supe with one at Japfest and it looked poop IMO.

hum i was going to go for a doluck one... but thats more like what i was after... wouldnt be much work for a bodyshop to smooth out that fibreglass....

Might get one...

If you dont mind putting in some work or paying someone a few quid to make it nice then its a good alternative.

Although i wouldnt bolt it to the bumper like that. id use some of that super stong velcro so you dont see the bolts :p

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

hum i was going to go for a doluck one... but thats more like what i was after... wouldnt be much work for a bodyshop to smooth out that fibreglass....

Might get one...

If you dont mind putting in some work or paying someone a few quid to make it nice then its a good alternative.

Although i wouldnt bolt it to the bumper like that. id use some of that super stong velcro so you dont see the bolts :p

ill smooth it out for ya! and i got some PU sealant which is great for side skirts etc:)

I contacted them a while back asking for further pics of them on and off the car. I also asked what type of carbon it is and if it is just fibreglass with carbon overlay. I got a reply from them saying they had no further pics to send me either on or off the car, he then told me he wouldn't give away his 'trade secrets' regarding the carbon type / construction of the diffuser. Suffice to say I didn't buy one from them, Shine all the way!