The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help. what am I looking for

k9l3

A search of the FAQ section or rest of the forum should find everything you need

FAQ Spark Plugs

Broken coil pack connectors is probably what the garage is referring to, no need to replace the complete loom (they are very expensive) just need to fit new connectors.

How To refurbish Coil Pack Connectors

FAQ - Fluids

Service Manual

thanks mate all he said is that they had to be Careful putting the the leads back on and that it could start miss firing. so will need replacing soon . he explained its the wirring loom for the coils.

thanks mate all he said is that they had to be Careful putting the the leads back on and that it could start miss firing. so will need replacing soon . he explained its the wirring loom for the coils.

It will be the coil pack connectors (plastic plugs) on the end of the wiring loom that connect to the coils. It's a very common problem, over time the heat of the engine makes the plastic connectors very brittle, crack and disintegrate, the broken connectors can then lead to misfire problems. No need to replace the complete loom, you can just buy new connectors from Toyota and replace the broken ones, see the link I posted earlier explaining the process and the parts needed.

It will be the coil pack connectors (plastic plugs) on the end of the wiring loom that connect to the coils. It's a very common problem, over time the heat of the engine makes the plastic connectors very brittle, crack and disintegrate, the broken connectors can then lead to misfire problems. No need to replace the complete loom, you can just buy new connectors from Toyota and replace the broken ones, see the link I posted earlier explaining the process and the parts needed.

thank you very much. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i received these which cost me 46 pound is this the right part and all i need?

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/5403/photo0144j.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7447/photo0143ub.jpg

no, those connect to the bottom of the coil packs themselves and slot over the spark plugs.

what you need are coil pack CONNECTORs, plastic plugs with two terminals the hang off the end of the wiring loom. These them plug into the coil pack and provide them with current.

Search on here as you will find the exact part number that you need.