The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Low Mount Custom seat frames

johnd-mkiv

I have spoke to Homer with regards to this group buy and after discussions from this thread http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?238875-Simple-low-mount-seat-frame.&highlight=seat+mounts

I have, made some jigs and test fitted into a mates supra.

standard frame 330mm between folds, squiggled line on far rail is where its cut for the shorter frames, this will be the size of the ones Jamie had made. 475mm overall width using 50mm x 10mm steel so 375mm in side

Extended frames 490mm from fold to the end with the same widths, these are as low to the floor as possible

I can make these from mild steel, stainless and ally, have them painted powder coated.

as for the seat mounting ideally they need to be mounted in the car for you to suss the right seating position then drill the holes.

I can make an ally set up 50mm X 10mm (Short set) £150

(Long set) £185

Mild steel 50mm x 10mm (Short set) £100

(Long set) £115

The mild steel will come painted in black or silver let me know once order is placed

Spoke to a powder coater, depending on the amount bought you will be looking at £15 - £20 on top for the mild steel or ally, he has most colours but im not sure if he will want a batch of random colours at that price (can check after interest shown), these would look great in a satin black or silver. (if I can get over 10 orders powder coating will be free)

mitchell9006 is the man to speak to about polishing, i can post direct to him after fabrication.

Postage of these will vary due to weight (will know the amount when first batch sent)

Please note due to the mild steel being 10mm thick these are fairly heavy.

I will require a min of 5 from either ally or mild steel to start the group buy, i can make an unlimited amount.

any questions just ask.

John

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not looked into this yet so forgive me if it's obvious but if these will allow me to re-mount my driver's seat a bit lower, (either fixed or adjustable), then count me in for sure. If I sell this car I'll keep them for another one later on.

I just need another half inch or so of headroom, preferably a good inch. Not fussed about the metal but ideally, black anodised 6061 or 7075 would be nice but will go with whatever metal and finish you need to make up batch numbers.

Cheers John!

I'll definitely take an ally set John, I just need to decide what length.

Are you going to wait for a few orders and do a small batch?

I didn't get round to fitting the others I had off you at SRR as I have sold the seat :rolleyes: It didn't look like it was going to work with my interior so I'm on the lookout for something slightly different now and will need new brackets.

I have a set of Leather Celica Edition 7 seats I have been looking at fitting and I think these would make life a whole lot easier. Forgive a really thick question if already mentioned in the thread, but "a set" is a pair of rails for the driver side only, or is that for both sides? Dependent on the answer I am very interested, but if the price is just for one seat I would have to consider seriously as I could get the small amount of chopping and wellding required to get my new seats to fit done locally for less than that. Not saying they are not worth it by the way, just looking at the options for the seats I have.

My brains aching :)

Right the seat mounts im selling will be ideal for an after market seat with the following side mount attachment

As you can see from the picture the seat has a side mount attachment that provides a flat base to mount the seat onto the rails I have made.

The price im selling for will get you a set for the passenger and drivers side.

Dan ill need a few in ally as ill have to buy a length in an make them up in batch to make it cheaper but give me a shout when your ready.

Not up on my seats im afraid so all of the above codes an seats mentioned means nothing to me :) most of the seats that have fixings on the base of the seat my brackets above will more than likely be impossible to bolt them to the rails due to there being no clearance between the seat an the floor for you to get your hand in an bolt the seat down, with runners attached you will be able to slide the runner back fix the seat the slide the runner forward an fix the seat, this is what I had to do when fitting a set of OMP seats to my old supra

I can look into a bride style seat runner at a guess this will put the seat an 1"1/2 higher from the seat mounts im making in post one

sdistc - drop me a pm mate ill sort it for you.

Hope this has cleared a few things up if not let me know ;)

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can these be used to fit Recaro SPG's in place of the standard j-spec seats?

Would extra holes need to be drilled in the car or do these bolt up to where the standard seats do?

Thanks

Jon

these rails will bolt straight onto the supra floor pan no drilling needed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.