The mkiv Supra Owners Club

carbon wrapped my sill trims

Dave

just gonna throw this out there.... there were 2 vs fortune kitted rx7's at japfest 2 last year, now one was painted 2 tone and was immaculate. The other was half paint half fake carbon wrapped... now, the painted one looked amazing, its one of those few times that vs actually made a decent enough kit and it went down well.. the other, i can't even remember if it was done well and i don't think most others will. the reason, all i could think in my head was, it's fake carbon and not the real deal. It didn't look really bad or anything, same as a fake Rolex doesn't really look bad but because it's 'fake' it just takes a lot away from it..

I hope that doesn't sound like too much of a dig as your work is impressive and done to high finish but i just.... hate fake. sorry. :)

just gonna throw this out there.... there were 2 vs fortune kitted rx7's at japfest 2 last year, now one was painted 2 tone and was immaculate. The other was half paint half fake carbon wrapped... now, the painted one looked amazing, its one of those few times that vs actually made a decent enough kit and it went down well.. the other, i can't even remember if it was done well and i don't think most others will. the reason, all i could think in my head was, it's fake carbon and not the real deal. It didn't look really bad or anything, same as a fake Rolex doesn't really look bad but because it's 'fake' it just takes a lot away from it..

I hope that doesn't sound like too much of a dig as your work is impressive and done to high finish but i just.... hate fake. sorry. :)

I see this point but somethings aren't available in carbon fibre and these can be done in wrap.... like these and they look a lot better than the original IMO :)

Someone a few years ago made some for a group buy in brushed stainless with the supra logo cut out in the corner. They looked great.

How hard was it to take the ridges off? Just with a dremel? They date the car a bit IMO. I might do it.

thats a fair comment mate but to get these made in real carbon would be v/expensive ,this is fabric and has a matt finish and as an alternative looks good .they look much better in the flesh than in the pics .and much better than the chavvy stick on rubbish.

Someone a few years ago made some for a group buy in brushed stainless with the supra logo cut out in the corner. They looked great.

How hard was it to take the ridges off? Just with a dremel? They date the car a bit IMO. I might do it.

i used my drill with a 60 grade sanding disc then finish off by hand you have to be carefull with the sander though .