The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Swirl scratches

Guest tony1979

Guest tony1979

I need some help, can anyone recomend a good product to help get rid off the dreaded swirl marks, there are a few different product out there but has anyone tried and tested some before i waist my money on several different products.[TABLE][/TABLE]

Menzerna Final Finish, as said it needs applying via machine, used it many times with a rotary and got great results.

It's amazing just what a difference it makes! Then apply a decent wax over the top, Zaino or something from memory....

Autoglym Super Resin polish is fantastic, it acts as a filler but if you want them removed and not masked ; you will need a machine polish by a detailer; mine here is done with the resin polish. it does greatly reduce the swirls

http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb469/clodola/Car%20Cleaned%2010%20April%202011/?albumview=slideshow

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

I've recently been given a buffer, so i'm looking forward to testing mine out. Whats IPA out of curiousity?

Hi mate, just seen this. IPA is 'Isopropyl alcohol', you can get it off Ebay or if you know a printer they use it. Mix it in equal amounts with water and spray on paint after polishing and wipe down, it will take off the oils and any remaining polish without harming the paint and will provide a perfect base for the wax.

Hi mate, just seen this. IPA is 'Isopropyl alcohol', you can get it off Ebay or if you know a printer they use it. Mix it in equal amounts with water and spray on paint after polishing and wipe down, it will take off the oils and any remaining polish without harming the paint and will provide a perfect base for the wax.

Cheers Paul, it just so happens that i know a printer, so i shall see if i can get my hands on some. Are all buffers dual action, as in rotary motion and oscilating, as mine appears to be? I'm not sure if its speed adjustable or not, i'd have to check when home in a weeks time. Where's the best place to get hold of that Menzerna Final Finish also?

I haven't detailed mine yet but am looking forward to it! Need a good 2-3 days spare though! The steps I'll use will be:

-Wash with fairy liquid to degrease

-Sonus clay bar

-Wash with Megs to remove clay lube

-Machine using suitable Menzerna compound/pad combo. (least aggressive needed to remove swirls)

-Machine using Super Resin Polish

-Machine using Poorboys White Diamond glaze x2 (use the Black Hole version for dark colours)

-Carlack sealant x2

-Colonite 476s wax x2

-