The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Better boost controller

cheekymonkey

My current boost controller is a Blitz SBC which allows me to set the boost by fiddling with gain and duty cycle levels. This isn't ideal as I have to guess the values before drag runs and hope I get it somewhere between 1.10 bar and the 1.25 bar where I get fuel cut from the power fc. Of course I want to maximise boost without hitting fuel cut.

Is there a boost controller on the market that work on actual pressure levels, so I can just program in 1.2 bar, and that is what it will boost to and no further? Seems simple enough I would have thought!

Any ideas chaps and chapesses?

The best boost controllers are the HKS EVC VI and Blitz SBC iColor, they both allow the boost settings to be mapped against speed, throttle position, rpms, etc. This enables you to run max boost level through every gear eg. 1.2bar in 1st gear and 1.2bar in 6th gear. They take a lot of setting up but once set they significantly increase spool up time and help keep boost levels consistent.

The best boost controllers are the HKS EVC VI and Blitz SBC iColor, they both allow the boost settings to be mapped against speed, throttle position, rpms, etc. This enables you to run max boost level through every gear eg. 1.2bar in 1st gear and 1.2bar in 6th gear. They take a lot of setting up but once set they significantly increase spool up time and help keep boost levels consistent.

Can this be done with the HKS EVC-S?

It doesn't say so on the website but just in case.

Can this be done with the HKS EVC-S?

It doesn't say so on the website but just in case.

You can't map the boost setting like you can with the EVC VI, so you'll need to compromise a little with max boost in lower gears so the turbos don't over boost in higher gears when the engine is under more load. It has the gain feature though which makes a significant difference to how quickly the turbos spool up.

You can't map the boost setting like you can with the EVC VI, so you'll need to compromise a little with max boost in lower gears so the turbos don't over boost in higher gears when the engine is under more load. It has the gain feature though which makes a significant difference to how quickly the turbos spool up.

Oh cool. Thank you :)

Not sure if the PFC can, have a chat with Ryan G

The PFC can't.

I used the PFC and an SBC IDIII (not color), it was a superb combination, the SBC-IDIII is a great bit of kit, but like the color version is rather expensive. Something like the Syvecs is fantastic value if you are starting from fresh as it can do boost and traction control (Plus a lot more) in one package. It's a big outlay in one go though!