The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another turbo choice question, need owners input.

Crouch

Ok a while back i posted a question regarding a GT4202r turbo kit and got a few replies but not much! Then at this point Mr JamieP stated that i should just go for a Precision GT42-7576r which is the turbo he currently runs as it is the fastest spooling 1000whp turbo on the market! This to me sounded like a good idea and the fact that he himself recomended it is testamony to its capabilitys (we all know his "beast" is what we all aspire to). Now what i need is input from people running a couple of setups as there is a few options that have been put to me by some very well respected tuners and i'd like to know from the people that own these setups for there actual oppinion on how they run so here goes the options and any input is welcome but first hand experience is preferd!

Twin gated fullrace manifold fully devided with GT42-7576r

Twin gated fullrace manifold un-devided with Quickspool valve and GT42-7576r

Twin gated Whifbits manifold fully devided GT42-7576r

Twin gated Whifbits manifold fully devided Borg Warner batmowheel (unsure of actual size required but want the same power as GT42-7576r)

Twin gated PHR manifold and iether of these turbo setups with/without quickspool valve

Now any combination of these is possible i suppose but obviously for the quick spool valve it needs undevided manifold and whifbits don't do them! I believe that he feels quick spool valves are not needed with his manifold as his manifold can out do the HKS manifold by about 800rpm anyway (i have a HKS now).The Car will be running a 3.4ltr SRD stroker that i have already being deliverd as we speak/type so this should help a little with spool but cut the top rpm back a lot.Thats why i wanted the quick spool valve as i need toget as big a power/torque band as possible but won't be able to rev past about 7000rpm so need as little lag as possible which is almost impossible at these power levels.

So anybody run these parts want to give me a review of how they perform i would be very greatfull.

Many thanks Gary Crouch

Quick spool valves do seem to work well, plenty of info out there on them stateside, if you have a high rpm limit spool time dont matter so much imo but im not sure id want to rev that expensive 3.4 to high, whats your planned rpm limit, not 7000rpm?

I think Suprafan (Andy) has just fitted one to his new setup, im looking forward to seeing how that peforms, that could be an amazing setup, big turbo and QSV

The Batmowheel stuff looks good to me, kirk put down 940rwhp on a s374, precision dont have the best reliability record, hopefully the bullseye stuff will be better, might look at trying one out myself soon.

Sounds like a nice build you are doing, good luck with it.:)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

To be honest Mr JamieP the actual rev limit is unknown at this stage so i'm just going of the info that due to the longer stroke you loose rpm so i was thinkin it will end up with 7000rpm shift and about 7500rpm limit but i will need to check with Mr Lee P as to whats safe for the kit! The Batmowheel with the new batcave housing thing (can't remember what the housings called)sounds good from what mr whiffin posted on here but need to see results before i commit. I would really like to try the quick spool valve to be honest but again just want some idea of how much difference they make as you need undevided manifold for that and devided spool quicker anyway so which is better?

Your question has braught something to light which is a major problem and i don't know what to do! I have carillo h-beam rods but it seems i may have orderd the lesser spec crank by accident which according to his posts max's out at 1200hp! This means if i got the GT42-7576r turbo it could break my engine! I can't believe i did this what an absolute twat i am! I need to contact Mr Lee P and ask for some help, should i drop the turbo size or just not push so hard on the motor?

Mr JamieP is this "Kirk" a member of this forum i'd like to know more about his car? Is it running a stroker kit was the power achieved through race fuel/e85 etc. Your help has been spot on as always and that turbo does look like it can shove the car along nicely in those video's!:cool:

I like it seems to be a nice bit of kit! I'm sure the s374 turbo with a batcave thingy on a 3.4 would be interesting i might try it just for a giggle. Still want to try the quick spool valve but Mr Whiffins manifolds are only full devided so not setup for running one. It's gonna sound stupid i know but you can't just get the devided manifold and remove the devide on the flange can you? is the actual collector different aswell? He doe's say his manifold don't need one but you can't argue with results and thats what i need to know full devided v spool valve on a car running the same turbo and set up like a before and after kinda thing! Anyone actualy done it?

Well he mite make one for me but i don't want to ask! lol He said it does'nt need a quick spool and i feel if i go back and say i want an undevided manifold then i'm calling him a liar and i don't want to do that. If yourself,Mr Lee P or Mr Whiffin say thats the case who am i to argue i just want a mental supra i can call mine and i let the experts tell me how! Thats why i want a comparison. one car same setup before quick spool on full devided then with quick spool on undevided then i can say what would be the best for me with evidence to back me up.

Well he mite make one for me but i don't want to ask! lol He said it does'nt need a quick spool and i feel if i go back and say i want an undevided manifold then i'm calling him a liar and i don't want to do that. If yourself,Mr Lee P or Mr Whiffin say thats the case who am i to argue i just want a mental supra i can call mine and i let the experts tell me how! Thats why i want a comparison. one car same setup before quick spool on full devided then with quick spool on undevided then i can say what would be the best for me with evidence to back me up.

QSV dont really interest me but i can see why you are considering it, i personally dont think there will be a huge difference between QSV setup and a fully divided setup but i dont think anyone has ever done a back to back test, Im sure Paul wont be offended and if possible would sell you whatever you want.

Can you not get a twinscroll version of the turbo your thinking of?

Yes he can, mine is twin scroll, batmowheel can be had the same, im sure he knows that though from reading the first post.

I thought Whifbitz was a copy of the Full Race.

Your very polite With all the Mr's

It is a copy i believe of the fullrace so is an excellent piece of kit from the testamony's of those whom have it or seen it.

Also Mr Ricky49 i hope that i am being polite as i come on here to ask for help and info so there is no reason to not be polite and respectful of those whom have owned and tuned these cars for many years, mutual respect is a minimum until someone proves they deserve more or less thats my thinking anyway! i always read my posts twice as my spelling/grammer is awfull and be sure that it makes sence! Besides those that come on here shouting of about there knowledge and txt speak etc tend to get mullerd by the members!

Yes Mr JamieP i just want to get it right the build will take as long as it takes and costs what it costs research is the key to something like this and bragging is not of any use proven figures are where it counts speed,acceleration and wieghts are what matters.

Well after some debate on here it seem its time to see what these latest and greatest batmowheels are all about! I've sent a mesage to Mr Whiffin to find out the damage for for a kit with the batmowheel with batcave cover. I've asked him to recomend the turbo size but it's going to be iether the S374 Mr JamieP suggested or the bigger S383 turbo. There has to be someone running one of these already so hopefully Mr Whiffin will know exactly which route to take and we'll see just what these turbo's can do! Just need the quote for a head from SRD i asked for then can start thinkin about beefing up the drive line and see what numbers she spit out. Fingers crossed for four digits when the time comes!

I will Mr P just collecting the parts and then once i have everything i think i'll need then i'll seek profesional help with the rest! My bedrooms turning into a warehouse of expensive parts in boxes but trying to reduce the cars down time and make it easy for the final assembly. also means i don't have the car sitting at a tuners paying storage fee's while parts get orderd it's expense i can do without.