The mkiv Supra Owners Club

failed mot

hp006

They failed my vectra during the week due to the spacing on the front number plate. Its not even that bad. I had to go home get the right number plate and screw that on. Then took it straight back with it on then took it off in front of him once i had the slip.

Booked the supra in at 1115 today. car came out at 1135. Garage shuts at 12. Today he failed the supra stating the rear offside wheel bearings had play and the offside dipped bulb was working.

I explained that i think one of the nuts on the hub is loose as i did the otherside this morning and would he be able to tighten it for me and i would do the bulb. There was still 25 mins left to do this. He explained that they shut at 12 and wud'nt be time.

I drove the car home, fiddled with the hid wire bulb, straight on and working (30 secs). Took the wheel off (5 nuts as we know) checked and the driveshaft nut was loose. Tightened it up put wheel back on (3 mins)

For the sake of 5 mins work i wud of given him a drink and got my certificate. I understand they have to fail the car but if it minor then surely its easier to sort now than having to go over it again. I mean personally i cant even see the point in an mot. Ur car is rd worthy for the puspose of the test but may not be after.

In away from the amount the car was in bits to only have 2 silly faults im quite pleased. I have waited 2 yrs so 2 days wont hurt just annoyed they wudnt do the car again so i have to wait till mon to put it back in for the test.

He did say it was a beautiful example thou :) I will put pics up when it stops raining of her completed

You've just paid for his drink now mate! Now you've done the work, the garage is entitled to charge you a re-test fee (half the test fee, of £54.85)

Plus, if he has your car in and out in 20 minutes he's in big trouble! That'll flag up on the VOSA database and they'll investigate him as there is no way a full proper test can be done that quick!