The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi, relatively new here!

spikedjack

Thought i'd say hello and introduce myself,

I'm Jack 22 from wolverhampton hoping for a supra rather soon.

As my 23rd birthday looms, it seems i can finally insure a TT6 (dream car of mine) for a sensible amount so here i am :)

Does anyone know the number of '98 registered TT6's produced? both J-spec and UK models? This would be ideal for me as my private registration plate is not able to be put on anything older than a 98 :( Although, if i find the right car, the plate will have to go on a family members until i get a daily..

so yeah, cheers :)

Welcome.

98 models UK spec = 0 ............93-96 only (pre-facelift)

Lots of J Specs around in 6 speed

What budget you looking at for your Supra? a UK tt6 will cost 10k plus for a nice one

Thanks for this info, seems quite difficult to get numbers anywhere..

I have noticed the large price tag of UK models however the extra spec is lovely! im guessing though, for the money you could have an above and beyond spec of a jap spec'd vehicle...

I think i'd probs go upto about 10k in all honesty, maybe more if it was perfect!

the year isnt too much of a hastle although it is preferable due to my plate etc...

I'll be seriously looking for the right car as of the end of september this year :)

Welcome to the club!! Hope you find your dream Supra, what do you currently drive? Any pics? :)

Cheers bud :)

You guys may laugh at my current car, however she's my baby.

Its a 2004 Vauxhall corsa SRi. With a bit of a twist.... 4pots, Quaife diff, Decent coilovers, fully bushed/braced, stripped/caged with corbeau sprints/willans 4point 3 inch harnesses, 1.8 16v engine (standard) however i've turbo'd it using a dbilas dynamic kit (garrett t25r equal length inlet etc etc etc) and is running 10psi on a stock bottom end (they can take a bit more if needed) and is running circa 250bhp and 240lbft which is bloody good fun in a car less than a ton :)

Not laughable at all mate. You're obviously a car enthusiast, which is a good place to start on this forum. Welcome

Cheers, i do all the work on all my/my mates cars myself too which is nice, im not a mechanic, but pride myself in not being overcome by anything not involving paint/welding :)

Enthusiast is probably a loose term to describe myself lol! Its only until now i've noticed insurance prices have became low enough to even consider a mkiv

extra spec :D

Dildo's on the front bumper, heated "cream seats" bonnet scoop, softer suspension, glass lights, bigger fuel pump and larger fuel tank (its ok you can get 45mpg on red uk's) :D oh and steel tubbies

I would in preference go for a fresh import J Spec TT6 if it were me but its not :)

I wouldnt mind the leather as i've never had a car with it, although if not they will be replaced anyway... im renound for having nothing stock for long :lol:

The lights look nice as well as the performance bits, but looking at the other spec in the guides on this website, im sure you're right with the fresh import suggestion...

What are they like to live with daily? only experiance i have with jap cars in a best made of mine has an FD3s RX-7 (which i know the underside of with spanners far too well) and another friend with an s14a that i fitted a horsham dev stage 3a kit (gt2871rs + tubular etc) for

Welcome :)

Good to see more members around the area!

If you can afford the insurance then go for a J-spec as you can pick the car up cheaper. Really depends what you want though.

I've had mine since January and it's fine to live with, although I've just bought a Fiesta as a runaround due to it costing me £250 a month in fuel and where I work, I don't like leaving it on the car park (due to careless people on there) and the only other place I can park is on the road, which I don't like.

Good luck in getting a Supra. You won't regret it.

I've had mine since January and it's fine to live with, although I've just bought a Fiesta as a runaround due to it costing me £250 a month in fuel and where I work, I don't like leaving it on the car park (due to careless people on there) and the only other place I can park is on the road, which I don't like.

Good luck in getting a Supra. You won't regret it.

so its not fine to live with Josh as you bought a daily :D "yeah its fine to live with but costs a fortune on fuel so bought a daily" = not fine as a daily

so its not fine to live with Josh as you bought a daily :D "yeah its fine to live with but costs a fortune on fuel so bought a daily" = not fine as a daily

If you can afford the fuel and don't mind leaving it on the road or car park at work then it is fine as a daily. Easy and fun to drive and wakes me up in the morning :)

But when I'm spending a quarter of my wage on fuel each month, it's not really a good idea :D

• 2 months later...

Hi again all!

Just thought i'd post again to say i've found a nice supra to buy and im off to see it thursday!

I've read the guide on here, but is there anything else to check? I'll be taking a copy with my like a true anorak :slap: however just wondered if there is anything your guys personally suggest?

Its a '98 J spec low milage TT6 with mainly full history and proof that the VVTi sensors etc have been done. Largely looks very clean!

mucho's excited although i cant drive it properly until i've shifted my current car :(

should be going for a decent price that. Private sale or trade? do you have a link?

just seen you dont have a link. How much is it up for? DONT buy it just because it looks good ;)

Make sure you check everything in your capability and if your a noob take somebody with you :)

Its up for 10.5k dude for a quick sale as they guy needs a house deposit or similar

Im perfectly mechanically capable, i rebuilt my head and changed my stem seals on my current car this past weeked lol! should be alright with a bit of luck :)