The mkiv Supra Owners Club

if i wanted to sell my private plate

jayl

hi all

i got a private plate on my supra which i may be selling reg is m511 pra which basically says M SUPRA

what i need to know is if i sold it how long does it take to come off the car to the new owner ?

and also how much do you think i would get for it ?

oh and also is anyone interested :)

From memory, you need to fill out the correct form to put it on retention and then go to your local DVLA office. They will need the form and the V5 document. They should issue a new reg immediately for your car and you will receive the retention letter and new V5 in a few weeks.

Check out DVLA web site to be sure.

As for price not sure. Would be interested but mine is on an L plate so no good.

well i might put it in the for sale section but dont know what to price it at. i would like as much as poss but dont want to put a price to high or to low so i guess ill have to put it on ebay to go for the highest bid

Hope ive not given wrong info regarding £250..........dvla have a plates like.....511 prv...( SUPRV ) and variations....all for sale at said price...........i was looking only two weeks ago................................my own plate A4 LPX. they say, is worth £200.....lol

when i got the car two years ago the plate was on it but the guy gave me the reciept he paid £1500 for it . i doubt its worth that only what someone will pay but it si a good plate and looks good on the supra . ill stick it on ebay and see what interst it has be intersting to see what it goes for

Be careful about online valuations they can differ widely from a few hundred to over a grand for the same plate from different sources. Most just want you to sign up with them so offer over inflated prices. Its only worth what someone will pay!
Exactly, mine was stated to be worth nearly £5k! But really it is only worth quarter of that!

I suggest keeping it on your Supra & sell the car with it, putting it on retention costs £120 on it's own!

i have sold my car but guy is coming from france and does not need plate so im keeping it . if it goes with the car it will be of no use to him

so i was thinking of selling it to someone not for futunes but just for that little bit extra cash :)

i have sold my car but guy is coming from france and does not need plate so im keeping it . if it goes with the car it will be of no use to him

so i was thinking of selling it to someone not for futunes but just for that little bit extra cash :)

Ah! Them I'd recommend you put it on retention, normally takes 2 weeks for new plates to come.

Though they might be able to do it quicker for you, strangely found DVLA quite helpful when I called for mine.

Give them a call dude :)

Ah! Them I'd recommend you put it on retention, normally takes 2 weeks for new plates to come.

Though they might be able to do it quicker for you, strangely found DVLA quite helpful when I called for mine.

Give them a call dude :)

good advice

seems like an OK plate - id say it should fetch 500-750 - really depends on how desperately someone wants it.