The mkiv Supra Owners Club

oil stem seals?

robby246

hi guys, i did a post a while ago asking if anyone knows of any garages around oxfordshire thats recommended who could do them? im gunna get the kit off toyota that comes with all the gaskets and that to do it i just dont want to try doing it myself! somebody said carringtons on the a40, not gunna go to toyota as i know what there kinda price would be! any know of anywhere else that could do them for me? cheers

robby

I would recommend taking the hit on petrol and taking the car to a trader from here. They all know the job inside out so will be more cost effective.

If you take it to any competent garage they will be able to do it fine but will be learning the job as they go for the most part. They will all have done similar jobs obviously, but having first hand experience on the supra is a must for me.

i did e-mail whifbitz and they said they could do it for around £1000, that kinda the price i'll be looking for? i think that was just the labour charge, would be more like £1200 with parts

Flippin heck, that's REALLY pricey. I would have guessed around half that money for labour if I'm honest.

Definitely have a look at doing it yourself. Probably cost you around £400 in parts & tools.