The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spoiler Change and the reason your TRD spoiler is not as light as you may think.

monsween

Well i had a bit of a change of mind tonight and i thought I'd change the spoiler back to stock. The diffuser is staying on for good as I love it. Just having a bit of indecision regarding the spoiler :)

TRD

Spoiler-less

Stock

While changing this over I answered the question i've been asking myself for the last few months. "Why does my boot not stay open?" I figured it was because my boot struts were on the way out. I was wrong.........

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks fellas.

I'm torn between all three. It's stock at the moment and will be staying that way for a while. We'll see how I like it and decide what i'm doing before the pod :)

We we're so surprised with the first upright, Marc grabbed my toolbox and used that to try and channel the water out of the boot.

Just imagine if there had been freezing temperatures !! Bye Bye spoiler :( One of the local supra owners to me has a TRD and exactly the same thing happened to his and it froze over winter and cracked the paintwork. Thankfully it didn't crack the spoiler as it was stored inside.

I took my spoiler off the other week when the car was up at Hodge's and I bet I got 4 pints of water out of it. The water gets in through the holes where the blade meets the supports. I'll be running a beed of silicone around the edge of the blade when mine comes back from the body shop. I didnt have a bag or bottle to catch the water so I used my face and my T shirt :)

I took my spoiler off the other week when the car was up at Hodge's and I bet I got 4 pints of water out of it. The water gets in through the holes where the blade meets the supports. I'll be running a beed of silicone around the edge of the blade when mine comes back from the body shop. I didnt have a bag or bottle to catch the water so I used my face and my T shirt :)

Wouldn't like to be drinking that water ;)

Yea i seen where it was entering after i took it apart and that's exactly what i'll be doing when/if i make it back up again. Descisions Descisions :)

I prefer stock, but when my spoiler was off while having a damn good clean, I was really impressed with the agressiveness look of the car.

If I was you, I would fill the little square locator holes properly, then get some grommets for the main fixings holes, and when you fancy a change you can go stock/spoilerless, and not ruin anything in the process.

The amount of water you had there was unreal! :blink:

Edited by AndrewOW (see edit history)