The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Turbo conversion

Guest AI99

well turbo and manifold comes with the kit lol.

The manifold is okay for a few thousand miles but they do crack. The wastegates stick but are probably the most reliable part of the XS kit (and that's saying something!). The turbo and the rest of it is complete garbage.

So, in summary, it's rubbish, just buy a proper kit in the first place and save yourself time, money and hassle.

Before you ask, yes, I have bought one of these, fitted it and had no end of problems. Everything got replaced in the end, the only part remaining is the wastegate. It ended up costing about £1.5k more than buying a "proper" kit in the first place.

Hi, so what turbo kit is recommendated that is reliable and can produce around 450-500 whp?

450-500 whp = 530-600 at the flywheel, you will not be getting that on an NA-T without spending a huge amount of money (£15k+). Sell your NA and buy a TT, it'll be a lot cheaper in the long run and see you to a good 400+flyhweel HP, you then have the option of a slightly cheaper single turbo conversion, but FAR more capable if you want more power.

Do you have a 5spd NA currently? If you do, does it have ABS?

Do you do realise that the box and diff won't be up to the task of 300whp, let alone 450+? You'll need to look at swapping the diff, box, prop, clutch, etc, then you still only have an NA-T...

450-500 whp = 530-600 at the flywheel, you will not be getting that on an NA-T without spending a huge amount of money (£15k+). Sell your NA and buy a TT, it'll be a lot cheaper in the long run and see you to a good 400+flyhweel HP, you then have the option of a slightly cheaper single turbo conversion, but FAR more capable if you want more power.

Do you have a 5spd NA currently? If you do, does it have ABS?

Do you do realise that the box and diff won't be up to the task of 300whp, let alone 450+? You'll need to look at swapping the diff, box, prop, clutch, etc, then you still only have an NA-T...

I never said I had a NA, I have a TT

I never said I had a NA, I have a TT

The kit you linked to is for the 2JZ-GE, i.e. it's an NA turbo kit. You can't fit this to a TT.

The advice doesn't change though, in fact the TT version of the XS power kit is even less suitable than the NA one