The mkiv Supra Owners Club

big tyres

spiderpigcity

You could find them cheaper, but they will still be VERY expensive.

More important than most items when running any sort of single power though so it's a sound investment.

I completely agree as the tyre choice and suspension setup is paramount for putting the power to the tarmac. Traction is only as good as the weakest element in the chain which is usually your tyres.

I think you'll struggle with a 275/40/18 up front and even a 275/35/18 irrespective of offset as the rolling radius is so big. You'll likely have better luck with a 285/30 and even then there'll be potential clearance issues depending on offset and spring rates (especially with lots of steering lock while braking according to lots of guys on SF).

I run 255/35/18 front and 315/35/17 rear.

I think you'll struggle with a 275/40/18 up front and even a 275/35/18 irrespective of offset as the rolling radius is so big. You'll likely have better luck with a 285/30 and even then there'll be potential clearance issues depending on offset and spring rates (especially with lots of steering lock while braking according to lots of guys on SF).

I run 255/35/18 front and 315/35/17 rear.

im running 265/30/19 rears and 235/40/19 fronts or 235/35/19 fronts i cant remember of hand. i wouldnt want to go much wider at front but i reckon i need to go 285 minimum at back if i can fit in the arches