The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Possible Dyno day at Power Station Cheltenham

damouk

At the gloucester meet on saturday it was sugested we do a bit of a dyno day at Powerstation, one of my m8's at work with a skyline today suggested the same thing, so i said to him i would ask here and find out how many are seriously interested in this so here it is, no date set at the mo.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oooooo....wot if they break it??;)

Yeah, worth a look.

1. Martin Lee - J Skyline

2. Damouk - UK Supra

3. Rays the roof - Jap NA Supra

4. Oxygene - Jap TT Supra

5. Wilfman - Jap TT Supra - Prefer Mid Sept onwards

6. Attilauk - UK Supra.

7. crimbo - UK Supra.

1. Martin Lee - J Skyline

2. Damouk - UK Supra

3. Rays the roof - Jap NA Supra

4. Oxygene - Jap TT Supra

5. Wilfman - Jap TT Supra - Prefer Mid Sept onwards

6. Attilauk - UK Supra.

7. crimbo - UK Supra.

8. dandan - Jap TT Supra

How much £££ ?

Guest gtr mart

Hi

I am Martin - the guy with the skyline at the top of this list.

Looks like there will be a good turn out of Jap cars.

To give a little more info, the rolling road will be held at PowerStation in Cheltenham. They have been booked for Saturday 11th September.

The day will start at 9am - although from ones I have been to before, it normally takes them a good 15 / 20 minutes to get things going. Depending on numbers everyone should have been done by mid day - although if their are quite a few cars, it could run on to early afternoon.

More info on powerstation here: http://www.powerstation.org.uk

Providing more than 15 people turn up, the cost is only £25 a run (cash preferred I think)

At the moment, the list looks like this

skyline R32 GTR

skyline R34 GTT

Evo 6

200sx

x2 nissan pulsar gtir's

205gti

clio williams

plus all of your supra's

maybe an E30 BMW M3 (to be confirmed)

maybe a mazda 323 turbo (to be confirmed)

I am hoping there will also be more skylines - I have only just asked on the GTR register.

As there is a lot of interest from you guys, when I get more info I will talk to Damian or post on here myself.

It should be a good laugh

cheers

Martin

Guest Rays the roof

If that's all it is, I might try a couple of variants like removing stock air filter I have and adding BP ultimate or Shell Optimax and see what difference this really makes!!!

Guest gtr mart

ok sounds good.

I guess if you go on asap then you can take it off and fit the other stuff then run again. Not sure how much time there will be though, or if the staff there will be able to help with anything.

How would you try the fuel variants? I guess if you only have a tiny amount of petrol (say normal SUL) when you do the first run, then you could go for a spin to burn off as much as possible then fill the tank right up with say optimax. I know there is an optimax garage in cheltenham.

A few people have confirmed if they are definitly going to do it which is good. Are all the people that have posted on here 100%?

cheers

Martin

Guest Rays the roof

Definately coming along though just spoken to them and there may be a problem getting me onto rolls. Got car lowered and veilside kit fitted, so they said we can try and get her on the Dyno. If not, I won't have to pay.

Guest gtr mart

Hello Chaps. Will let Damouk organise you guys, but here is another update.

People are sending cheques now to reserve their place. Anyone that sends a cheque to reserve their place and then can't get their car on the rollers (becuase it's too low for example) will get a refund - no problem.

Please send your cheque (for £25) to:

Martin Lee

Renishaw PLC

New Mills

Wotton Under Edge

Gloucestershire

GL12 8JR

Please write your user name - real name and car on the back of the cheque so I can identify who has paid.

Cars on the day are as follows:

skyline R32 GTR me PAID

Skyline R32 GTR Pikey

Skyline R32 GTR Skyline USA

Skyline R33 GTR kgleeson

Skyline R32 GTR Lightspeed

skyline R34 GTT Gregwil

Evo 6 c/o Gregwil

Nissan Pulsar gtir c/o Gregwil

Nissan pulsar gtir matt thompson PAID

clio williams Chris roberts PAID

Audi Quattro 1.8T Dave Champion PAID

Subaru Impreza Turbo Tim Champion

Damouk - UK Supra PAID

Rays the roof - Jap NA Supra

Oxygene - Jap TT Supra

Wilfman - Jap TT Supra

Attilauk - UK Supra.

crimbo - UK Supra.

dandan - Jap TT Supra

Mitsi GTO Marty6470 PAID

Mitsi GTO Dead ringer

Mitsi GTO Andy

Mitsi GTO Dan

Nissan 200sx sbkrider

Not sure whats going to happen with a magazine (potentially nothing) - but I left a voicemail message the other day with Jap performance and will follow it up this week.

It looks like it is going to be an excellent day. We have a handful of Mitsubishi GTO twin turbo's now too.

Cheers

Mart

Guest gtr mart

Colsoop - I have added you to the list. You are number 27, only 3 places left.... :eek:

What I have said on the Skyline Forum and to the other people interested in coming is that people who posted an interest first get priority over the poeple that posted last. However - a cheque in advance will guarantee you a place, regardless of when you posted and said you wanted to go (upto 30 places) :twak:

Since the last post, a Honda CRX and another R33 Skyline have been added.

I can't wait

cheers

Martin :D

Just a thought but is it worth meeting up before hand for this?

If people could let martin have the cash for this he would appriciate it as there is only 30 places,

sounds like there is going to be mayhem in cheltenham!

Guest gtr mart

Not sure about big power cars. Most of these are based around London so Cheltenham is a bit far to come.

Most of the skylines will range from 370bhp to 500bhp - although I am not 100%