The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what should the top end be on my na

bullet_uk

when on my drive home tonight i had a run in with a boy in what i can only guess was his new bmw anyway i knew i had the edge and put my foot down anyway i looked down at the clock and i had hit the 110mph on the clock but yet the supe was still pulling like there was no tomorrow so my question is as the title what should be the top end

mine hits the limiter in 5th at 163mph,its been tweeked abit so im guessing a standard na will do 150mph no worrys.its a good strong engine with superb reliability!
163mph? You sure the speedo wasn't over reading?

had this conversation on here before buddy its out by 7mph (checked on gps) it hits the limiter in top gear.the car runs 14.3s on the quarter,see hall of fame
Ah that sounds about right then, I think I remember now :)

As above I reckon you will hit a true 150 and a speedo 160ish. Engine will need to be very healthy to hit those speeds though, with as many horses as Toyota first put in there. It'll take a helluva long road to do it on though, much like trying to hit 190 in a bpu.

Downhill, with the wind at your back might take a little less time. Had the discussion before but I reckon the car will pull a reasonable 140.

on my bpu+ twinturbo i got 163mph...on a private road.... (gps speed, clock was well over 180 lol) Theoretically, what should a BPU+ supra top speed be?

You should be able to pull around 180 (true speed).

If you have a full on 430hp bpu car you should get to around 190 on a long enough straight. Good luck finding one though.