The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Worth 28k ?

Bossco

Turbo looks small for 1000hp IMO.

38GK is 76mm so would be fine for that power.

It looks fast in the video, has a decent spec an all, id say its worth that money easy, building one would cost a lot more.

Styling is a bit OTT for me but you would certainly get noticed.

38GK is 76mm so would be fine for that power.

It looks fast in the video, has a decent spec an all, id say its worth that money easy, building one would cost a lot more.

Styling is a bit OTT for me but you would certainly get noticed.

It is a bargain to be honest, I would definitely question the power though. I understand that the 38GK is capable of that power, but does that turbo look that size to you Jamie? Might just be the photo putting me off, along with the likes of yourself and a few others putting up pictures of your turbos and they look far bigger.

It is a bargain to be honest, I would definitely question the power though. I understand that the 38GK is capable of that power, but does that turbo look that size to you Jamie? Might just be the photo putting me off, along with the likes of yourself and a few others putting up pictures of your turbos and they look far bigger.

Id say the turbo is as stated, looks like a T88 to me, have to remember with modern 76mm turbos you can spec them in GT40/GT42 and GT45 size housings, all look vastly different in size but the same wheel inside.

I'm forever scouring ebay but this is the first time I've seen this car. It's had plenty spent on it but nothing to prove it's 1000 BHP.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Monster-Drag-Toyota-Supra-1000-BHP-Spec-/200617385099?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2eb5ba5c8b

at the end of the day ozz is a genuine bloke at hja, im sure he would put it on a dyno to show the current power, everyone expects everything for nothing im afraid, i bought mine and had a few issues as a car of this caliber will always have, now sorted and running 875 bhp, not the almost 1000 as it was advertised but it really doesnt matter, as long as all the components are there and genuine thats all anyone can ask.

dynos are dead easy to fudge anyways you only need to see a ridiculous high amb temp like a cup of coffee for the probe and the dyno will correct the figure and make it miles higher than it really is, you will know when you drive it if its right.

I'm forever scouring ebay but this is the first time I've seen this car. It's had plenty spent on it but nothing to prove it's 1000 BHP.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Monster-Drag-Toyota-Supra-1000-BHP-Spec-/200617385099?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2eb5ba5c8b

If they are selling it as a 1000bhp monster then they better well prove it.

Judging by some of the builds on here recently the is a world of difference between 800 / 900 and 1000, look at jamie's as a reference.

It's certainly had a serious amount of money thrown at it. The wheels must have cost circa £4k in those sizes. That fuel system looks a bit of a nightmare tbh.

I know the kit isn't for everyone, but if it was made to resemble this:

I could definitely live with it :cool:

Anyone want to buy it for me? :D

Judging by some of the builds on here recently the is a world of difference between 800 / 900 and 1000, look at jamie's as a reference.

Exactly right mate! I'm not in the market for it and I'm in no way suggesting the ad or the seller are not honest, but if it's not a 1000bhp then..........................it looks like I'm suggesting the company are not being honest lol :p

Seriously though, I was just wondering if it looked legitimate.

It's certainly had a serious amount of money thrown at it. The wheels must have cost circa £4k in those sizes. That fuel system looks a bit of a nightmare tbh.

I know the kit isn't for everyone, but if it was made to resemble this:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/j_s14a/Castrol20Supra.jpg

I could definitely live with it :cool:

Anyone want to buy it for me? :D

a hell of alot of car for the money, price it up youd get nowhere near it with 28k building it yourself and then possibly a divorce at the end of it as youve spent 2 years in the garage ! lol

supra in the pic looks awesome, is that the one in gt5 ?

weigh up how much your car has cost with buying and modding ? 20k ? can you get your car to this spec with 8k, id highly doubt it.

tbh he doesnt need to proove anything its a bargain as it is even if its just 750 hp, theres no gaurantees with a car like this as im sure others will agree it may last ages or not as the case may be, and if you cant accept or afford that then its best not to own a car of this calibre. veyron and maclaren f1 comfortable pace road cars for under £30k is an absolute bargain imo.

you will never get a car like jamie ps car for £28k id guess hed want at least double that assuming hed ever sell it which he probably wouldnt, ive tryed to tempt but to no avail last year

Edited by scoooby slayer (see edit history)