The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heading in the right direction with the Red\Black combination ?

alex2jz

Hi chaps, would like your advice on this.

After changing the wheels and brake calipers to black ones, now i want to move to the interior and get black leather seats, switch back to the black OEM gear knob and possibly get a black stereo. What do you think, does this red\black combination suit my Supra or the initial red/silver combination was more appealing ?

Cheers

Alex

Edited by alex2jz (see edit history)

Thanks guys ! I really like it but just wanted other opinions and looks we're all good :D

TRD spoiler, Carbon bonnet really sound appealing, will really do after i lower it. Also was thinking about one of those LCD thingies instead of the common stereo. Really like how they look in a Supra.

29600270011_large.jpg

Keep the exterior as it is, maybe with an active spoiler. I've got a Clarion cx609e stereo in my Supra, which allows you to choose the illumination colour:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/j_s14a/Supra%20sale/a940eb80.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/j_s14a/Supra/DSC_4882.jpg

Also has a built in Bluetooth phone kit ;)

Mate that looks really nice ! Really need to add some stronger light to my dashboard. Except from my stereo which lights a bright blue, the rest of the dashboard is almost dead.

Mate that looks really nice ! Really need to add some stronger light to my dashboard. Except from my stereo which lights a bright blue, the rest of the dashboard is almost dead.

You don't have the dimmer turned down do you?

Mines all stock, probably the camera making it look brighter :D

Don't really know Scott. How can i check ? Anyway i expected dashboard lights to be less bright than on a newer car.

Right hand side next to the steering wheel there is a knob with a picture of a bulb on it. Turn it clockwise to increase the brightness :)

The lights should be reasonably bright regardless of age, they are just a bit of an ageing green colour :)

Cheers mate. Will check. Funny or not, I was totally unaware of this function :blink: But hey, everyday we learn something new.

Everyday is a school day :)

Imagine your disappointment if you got nice new shiney LEDs and they were still just as dull :D

Don't rub it in :cry:

:p

I agree that either red and black or red and silver work together but it depends what you do. In the OP's case, the red and black works best IMO.

Cheers Josh. Wheels weren't expensive either. They were like 750 quid new.