The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anyone ever experienced an embarrassing moment with the supra?

Mario

Well i was wondering if anyone expierienced a embarrising moment while driving your pride and joy,

will give this thread a start with my embarrasing moment a month or two ago i expierienced one, well i can tell it feels really embarrassing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra4g6A1BaSc

Well eventually i managed to get on the other side, with no damage:), the lowest point was the number plate mounted on the lowest point of the front bumper,

No they weren't really parked over there, they were making room so that i could make a zig zag motion,

Having noticed how wide your car was wouldn't it have been a lot safer for them to simply move off the bridge......:innocent:

Not with the Supe, but I managed to run myself over with my own trike in the middle of the local gathering place for bikers :(

attachment.php?attachmentid=105159&d=1265917543

It's an auto and the gear lever is on the right side of the frame. I'd started it up and was stood at the side of it talking to some blokes about it when I decided to put my leg over the frame and give the throttle a blip. Unfortunately, the back of my leg knocked it into reverse and the bloody thing drove up my boot and stopped half way up my shin. No damage, but I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Not with the Supe, but I managed to run myself over with my own trike in the middle of the local gathering place for bikers :(

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=105159&d=1265917543

It's an auto and the gear lever is on the right side of the frame. I'd started it up and was stood at the side of it talking to some blokes about it when I decided to put my leg over the frame and give the throttle a blip. Unfortunately, the back of my leg knocked it into reverse and the bloody thing drove up my boot and stopped half way up my shin. No damage, but I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

That's embarrassing too,

I always get scrapes and bumps underneath the car. Where I live, the council seem to have this dilusional idea that every drives a Hummer or a Land Rover of some sorts.

Evening driving into the Toyota garage, the car scrapes. This is stock suspension aswell!!

I fell asleep in my Supra waiting for a friend to come out of a very popular nightclub in Lisbon last summer, only to wake up at 10am totally dehydrated, sweaty with some random guy taking photos of the car with me looking like hell..! God knows how many people most of walked past my car to find me in a right state snooring away..! hahah

FYI: I was not drunk...!

I was working at a hospital site and finished the job and went up this tiny slope to go up the drop off point to pick up my colleage quickly to leave. Unfortunately the slope went down quite steeply and the Do-Luck front would have torn off. I had to get out and ask the 2 cars behind me to back up out of this one way road as there was just no way it was goign to happen.

I tried to get away from the lights a little while ago with a bit of wheel spin in the damp. I forgot traction control was on, much to the amusement of two or three onlookers. Didn't go anywhere fast.

In a previous car, it was too low to get out of a multistory car park shortly after having some Tein coilovers fitted, a new front bumper and a front end respray. That wasn't good at all. Ended up having to find a few bricks.

Few years ago, while being lost somewhere in Belgium and raining heavily, came to a stoplight. It switched to green, i wanted to go, but my engine died. Restarted it and tried to move, same thing. Restarted again, it was idling nicely, pressed only the acceleration this time, the car wasn't revving at all. Cars were starting to honk behind, turned on the blinkers. Stopped and restarted the engine for the 3d time engine and it went fine this time. Dreadful and scary moment. Had something to do with the immobilizer.

I remember one time when I was on a course at Northwood HQ and had to park in the multi storey car park they have there. Thought I would be clever and go straight to the top which was fine on the way in. When it came to leaving however it became apparent very quickly that I was not going to be able to get back down due to the gradient of the slopes and the way it met the floor below.

The first one I went down from the top floor I ended up touching the front of my bumper on the floor so had to reverse it back up the ramp and re-assess the situation.

At this point I was getting a bit worried as to how I could get my car back down, but I thought to myself if I got it up here then surely I can get it back down going the same way I came in.....

...Which is exactly what I had to do. I ended up reversing my car all the way from the top floor which I think was 4 storeys up all the way to the ground floor. Needless to say it was extremely embarrassing.

The next day on my course I parked on the ground floor after a bit of searching for a space :)

I had gone to skegness for the day with my friend and a couple of her mates just for a laugh and a play on the arcades.

night came and bought out the chavs in the 1.1s with the bean cans driving round and round... and round (you know the type).

anyway as we returned to the car park it had turned into a chav meet, a few had flocked round the supra so we got in and tried to get out quick.

the car had other plans, as I turned the key it just let out a loud wine (lazy starter) slight embarressment but it sometimes did that, but would usely go on the second turn, not this night 15mins later about 20 or so turnes of the key and everyone in the car park looking and probably laughing.

finnaly stuck up fewww

Yep, ripped my Do-luck front off as I unwittingly semi-beached the car and attempted a reverse out of someone's driveway. Just before Xmas too.

Put £40 of diesel in it.

Wrote my first MK3 off at 30mph in front of a group of people waiting for a taxi.

But the most embarrassing one was in my first MK3 turbo (again) She only had 30,000 miles and was exquisite, Red with blue leather.

I only had 25 years of age myself, and I too was also looking exquisite.

(I'm sure I've mentioned this before) So I pulled into the garage for my first ever fill up. I'd only owned the car 25 minutes, and a Redneck type with what was a P100 if IIRC shouted really loudly across the forecourt...

"Supra? That's a girl's car!"

A disappointing start to ownership.

So no. No embarrassing things at all.

very imbarrassing was not im the supra but drove home from an ex about 2am, theres a 3mile straightish road near my house which they were doing road works on.

after waiting a while for the lights to turn green I drove forward alittle bit and stoped as there was a lorry facing me on my side, after a couple mins I think that they are taking the road up behind the lorry and filling the lorry and I should use the other side to get round as there were no cones out, so I slowly move over to the other side, then I felt like the world fell away from under me, they had only dug half the other side of the road up a foot or more deep. the car nearly rolled over and got wrote off doing 2-3 mph, so I now have one side down the dug out and the other up on the road, after trying to drive back up it was clear that wasnt gong to happen so I drove down the channel hoping for a slope at the end to drive out.

two workmen walk to me as I drive to them trying to keep the exhaust from catching the edge of the drop and making sure not to drop in fully, I explain you cant see the dug out hole as at night it looks the same colour and the headlights dont show it till your in it and they need to put cones down. I asked if I could get out at the end to which they just said 'you can try mate'.

so I get to the end and its just a shire stop, i just had a little go at it but could hear the bumper flexing, so i had to angle the car to get the front wheel to climb the other side but not drop the other wheel in just to raise the nose enough to get out.

I got out somehow and looking in the morning for damage and to my amazement not a scratch.

Yep, ripped my Do-luck front off as I unwittingly semi-beached the car and attempted a reverse out of someone's driveway. Just before Xmas too.

Put £40 of diesel in it.

Wrote my first MK3 off at 30mph in front of a group of people waiting for a taxi.

But the most embarrassing one was in my first MK3 turbo (again) She only had 30,000 miles and was exquisite, Red with blue leather.

I only had 25 years of age myself, and I too was also looking exquisite.

(I'm sure I've mentioned this before) So I pulled into the garage for my first ever fill up. I'd only owned the car 25 minutes, and a Redneck type with what was a P100 if IIRC shouted really loudly across the forecourt...

"Supra? That's a girl's car!"

A disappointing start to ownership.

So no. No embarrassing things at all.

OUCH that must have been embarrassing that you wrote off your mkIII supra in front of people waiting for a cab,