The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'd like an after market exhaust.

Si_s Supe

Hoping to get a new exhaust for my TT6 in the next few weeks. At the moment it's totally stock but future plans are full BPU. I want an exhaust that will show off that lovely smooth straight six note. Preferably something that's not going to make me dread going out for a gentle cruise in the car, but I don't mind it barking on WOT!! :eyebrows:

My 1st choice is a Nur Spec R as I had one on my 200SX and loved it and a friend had one on his Supra and loved it too! (Was before I knew him though) I've trawler the net and this forum and listened to numerous videos but can't really tell how intrusive the Nur Spec will be. (Bearing in mind it will eventually be double de-catted!)

Sorry if I'm covering old ground but I have had a good look round already.

I've got a Nur Spec R and double decat and it's completely fine. I used the car as my daily driver for work (normal roads, 10 miles each way) for about 2 months and not once did I get fed up of the sound. The radio only has to be on low to block out the sound, but most of the time I just listen to the engine/exhaust.

Have you checked the "show us your exhaust vids" thread?

Have you checked the "show us your exhaust vids" thread?

Ha ha...yep! Just been through the entire thread and it's now subscribed!! To be fair your answer alone has probably sealed the deal for me! I am still open to suggestions though!

The Blitz NUR RX is quieter than the NUR R but still sounds great at WOT.

I've seen this mentioned quite a few times but not heard it. Am I right in saying looks the same as the Spec R?? If the RX is quieter does that in turn give it less of a performance gain? What's the price difference between the two and where is the cheapest place to go? Looking on the net the prices vary greatly!

Guest neo9918

I have a nur spec rx on mine. Gives a great exhaust note. Sound good on WOT. As far as performance goes when I jet had the rx and decats my turbos only boosted to just over 1 bar. But then I used a boost controller to get it to 1.2.

It does look the same from the back as a spec r.

I couldn't live with decats and a Nur Spec R, as the RX was almost too much for me. The RX has added silencing in the backbox and I don't think the opening is as wide as the R inside the backbox. I didn't need a restrictor ring with my 2.5'' decats and RX, so you could say it wasn't as free flowing as the R, but then you'd need a restrictor ring with the R anyway, so why not use the restriction to silence rather than an artificial little wall-with-a-hole-in-it that is a restrictor ring. Ideally i'd like a Tanabe Touring though.

The Nur spec RX is quite restrictive, and you may have problems hitting the boost figures you want if you go BPU. I'd go for the Whifbitz twin box if I were doing it again. Great bit of kit.

Have you got any experience of running an RX with BPU mods Gaz?

Just I'm having these exact problems at the moment. Wondering whether it's the catback preventing 1.2 bar?

Have you got any experience of running an RX with BPU mods Gaz?

Just I'm having these exact problems at the moment. Wondering whether it's the catback preventing 1.2 bar?

I only had one on my single, and it wouldn't boost to over 1 bar. Other people (including the person I sold mine to) have had issues at lower boost levels. Buying the Whifbitz one was the best move I made TBH, it sounds loads better too.

I recently put a Motoria Exhaust on mine....it sounds surprisingly good with the second cat still in place, i took the cat off and on W.O.T it roars, very nice burble on idle and when you're driving sensibly it has a very deep satisfying tone. Surprisingly nice exhaust :)

Just had a little look on the Whifbitz site, the twin box system appears to have 4" pipework. Will this not be a bit OTT for a car that's only going BPU?? Also, at nearly £700 it was a little bit more than I was budgeting. The Tanabe is equally expensive too. What diameter pipework does that have? Are there any photos and/or videos of either of these exhausts fitted??

Just had a little look on the Whifbitz site, the twin box system appears to have 4" pipework. Will this not be a bit OTT for a car that's only going BPU?? Also, at nearly £700 it was a little bit more than I was budgeting. The Tanabe is equally expensive too. What diameter pipework does that have? Are there any photos and/or videos of either of these exhausts fitted??

You could post up a "wanted" thread as I got my Nur Spec R for under £300 from someone on here and there used to be exhausts sold regularly on here.

Ok, will do. However, just looked on the Whifbitz site again and seen they do a 3" twin box too that's much more like it price wise!!

So, the Whifbitz system has a good reputation, is friendly on the ears, will pass trackday sound tests but above all gives good performance gains?? If so, it sounds like the one to go for.

Get a nur spec R and a bung, the bung is perfect for general, (and for me when my wife is in) and then when you want to play or be a bit more aggresive take the bung out, I and quite a few others think the R has the perfect sound for the Supra TT.