The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any north east members lend a hand on Friday please.

hodge

Hi guys

I'm wondering if a couple of local north east members would mind helping put my gearbox back in the car.

Due to the size of the clutch there just ain't any room to manover. Myself and Bossco gave it a go today but had no luck at all as I has to go in on an angle with millimeters to spare.

I recon to get it in it's going to take 4 of us under the car to be safe and get it in position.

There'll be myself and Bossco and hopefully another 2 of you. We will be starting about 8.30pm. I'm hoping it will be in within a couple of hours.

Thanks in advance,

John

Can't help but know the problem getting my tripple plate HKS out was a nightmare thought i was gonna have to take the engine mounts off to tilt the engine and allow it to come off! Ended up just jacking the front of the engine up a bit and two of us just got it past the bulk head. The twin carbonetic went on a treat after to so that was a bonus! Good luck!

Can't help but know the problem getting my tripple plate HKS out was a nightmare thought i was gonna have to take the engine mounts off to tilt the engine and allow it to come off! Ended up just jacking the front of the engine up a bit and two of us just got it past the bulk head. The twin carbonetic went on a treat after to so that was a bonus! Good luck!

The box is off bud, we just can't get it back on lol.

If I tilt the engine back I'm going to have to take my top rad pipe, and intercooler pipes off aswell which means bleeding off the engine again.

i have a gearbox craddle that was made for the supra, it will allow a single man to install the gearbox on axle stands. You will need a low profile jack. Ill have a look around the lockup, i used it last year on my red car, it beats benching 150kg . your welcome to use it.

i have a gearbox craddle that was made for the supra, it will allow a single man to install the gearbox on axle stands. You will need a low profile jack. Ill have a look around the lockup, i used it last year on my red car, it beats benching 150kg . your welcome to use it.

Michel that's awesome mate. I'll give you a buzz tonight.