The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying a new Supra.

scunner

Hi,

Im new to this forum but have owned a supra TT in the past. I was looking for some advice on a car I was thinking of buying. I have some experience with supras but its been a few years and im not the most mechanically minded person especially when buying a used car!! Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. I really dont want to end up with a shed!! Heres the link:http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201042371262979/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/model/supra/make/toyota/quicksearch/true/radius/1500/page/1/

Think the seller is jap prestige and performance?

Cheers.

I haven't heard anything bad about this trader and have seen some nice cars from them, but its going to be difficult for us to say anything conclusive about this specific car. I know its been there a while but thats probably more to do with the current market than the car itself. If you are serious about it then I would look at the dealers other stock, from memory they do a few subarus and evo's so perhaps this trader is known to the forums of those marques? Worth trying to find out more about a dealer, a reputable dealer will mean you have odds with you in getting a good car.

Jurgen is our main forum Supra sales guy and has a few manuals in this price range.......he's not on autotrader much (if at all?)

Thanks Scooter. It is tough trying to suss out a car from an advert. Think ill try looking at the rest of the stock and see if I can get feedback about the dealer. I did notice it on autotrader a while ago and its put me on the back foot due to the time its sat with them. Could be innocent enough. Also thought it might be slightly high priced? Just dont fancy a 350 mile round trip to check out a dodgy TT. Done that a while back with a supra that ended up on pistonheads being sold as parts due to an ECU problem. Close call!!

Thanks Scooter. It is tough trying to suss out a car from an advert. Think ill try looking at the rest of the stock and see if I can get feedback about the dealer. I did notice it on autotrader a while ago and its put me on the back foot due to the time its sat with them. Could be innocent enough. Also thought it might be slightly high priced? Just dont fancy a 350 mile round trip to check out a dodgy TT. Done that a while back with a supra that ended up on pistonheads being sold as parts due to an ECU problem. Close call!!

pm heunde on here - he checked this car out.

Oh well, turns out the car was not so great. At least it saves me a journey!! If anyone knows of a 96 or younger, 6 spd TT, white or gunmetal preferably for sale give me a

shout. Would prefer lower mileage, ive around 10 - 11k to spend. Also selling or px a 350z import to help fund it. Any help would be great!!