The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally got my first Supra

chris21

Hi guy's well drove my first Supra back from Bangkok to Pattaya yesterday, Whooa and was not easy, the Clutch is a BITCH!! stiff as hell and Grabbs so quick kept stalling the thing to begin with but is ok now got use to it, it was only difficult cos I was comming out of Bangkok at rush hour on a Friday [grid lock for 1.5 hrs] Got a few questions ???

1/ The clutch is really noisy at idle with the peddle out, push in and goes quiet but it does not slip and has plenty of bite?? any ideas??

2/ The thing has no power at all untill 4500RPM really I mean no power, [a 1256 Viva comes to mind]

3/ If not above 4500 it allways hesitates/stutters when you floor it

4/ It,s a face lift model and the headlight are a bit yellow?? can I get new one's ??

5/ Speedo only goes up to 180Kmts, need a new speedo,

6/ If I take it to 4000 RPM and let got the accelerator with it in gear it's kinda whiny bearing-y sound, but ok when accelerating and normal driving.

Not to sure how to upload photos here but if you would like to see the car look at.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1958235190135.2109814.1070413013

If that does not work it's Chris Reid on face book and the pic is me sitting on my Yellow Lambo Kit car, which is now long gone. then you will see the Supra.

Chris:):):):):):)

Sounds like a paddle clutch, they can be rather noisy at idle and are very grabby.

As for no power until 4krpm, that's not right at all. Even in TTC mode the torque of the Supra running in N/A mode until 4krpm is reasonable for what it is.

Why on earth did you buy it? Was it super cheap? Hopefully it's just a few small issues and not a dog.

Thanks for the reply gents, I can hear the Turbo about 3000 but nothing on the guage, It's really flat but at 4500 in third it goes mental!!!

The car was very cheap for Thailand there is 280% import TAX on any car here, and I paid 21K pounds equivilent, so in UK terms its about 5-6K and it's a 2001manual model so I am well chuffed with it, now I plan to spend a bit on it, single turbo first, I have AVO turbo world about 10k fom my house so a trip down there as see whats what, they make there own Turbos ,coolers ,manifolds, the lot I will put here on the Dyno first for one pull before any mods are done.

I would love to put one of those carbon fiber dashboard plates on, where to get ???

Thanks

Chris:):):)

That is a bit of a bargain mate so you did well. Hopefully it will be fairly easy fixes to get it running mint.

Tell you what, take some of that money you saved and fly me and the family out for a couple of weeks. I'll sort your car and you can show us the sights :D

That is a bit of a bargain mate so you did well. Hopefully it will be fairly easy fixes to get it running mint.

Tell you what, take some of that money you saved and fly me and the family out for a couple of weeks. I'll sort your car and you can show us the sights :D

Scott I dont think you will have any time to see any sights now bud..! hahah

Sounda like a good idea mate lets get it on.

just wrote another post it went booooooom today, took it to 7000RPm for the first time. I think a single turbo on it's way...............

Chris

Chris, I think you should take Scott's offer flights to Thailand are dead cheap from the UK..!

When these kind of deals are too good to be true it's usually because they are not...!

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)