The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Making a Aerotop?

Dim Sum

Not easy to do at all and it's very expensive to buy all the aero trim parts, if you were to buy new the roof and all trim bits are well over £3k. Even the rear qtr windows need to be changed.

As mentioned above, there's also the extra bracing around the floor and pillars, not easily replicated as there is a additional high strength sheet metal on the aero shells. Beleive me they *need* this bracing, I drove mine with the brace panels removed once and it felt like the car was going to fall apart over bumps. It's not even that nice with them in :D

It's be easier to buy an aero in the first place

There's at least one full convertible one in the states.

The Aerotops have extra strengthening/bracing which you would really need to replicate.

I thought that was the case

Excuse my ignorance but that is the most stupidest idea ive ever heard.

Want an aerotop then just buy one!

I was just wondering, that is all. thanks for the honest answers

Not easy to do at all and it's very expensive to buy all the aero trim parts, if you were to buy new the roof and all trim bits are well over £3k. Even the rear qtr windows need to be changed.

As mentioned above, there's also the extra bracing around the floor and pillars, not easily replicated as there is a additional high strength sheet metal on the aero shells. Beleive me they *need* this bracing, I drove mine with the brace panels removed once and it felt like the car was going to fall apart over bumps. It's not even that nice with them in :D

Thanks for the information, well appreciated :) it was just an idea but seems alot harder and more expensive then to buy a auto aerotop and then change the engine and gearbox and not to mention after reading what you put the strengthening of the vehicle

Thanks for the information, well appreciated :) it was just an idea but seems alot harder and more expensive then to buy a auto aerotop and then change the engine and gearbox and not to mention after reading what you put the strengthening of the vehicle

Or find an aero that's been converted to TT6 all ready.

I got a aero and changed it to 6speed tt a while back now.

The only hard part is changeing the tunnel. Everything ells bolts in.

If u have a tt already all u have to do is buy a cheap aero and pop to Toyota buy a £50 tunnel.

Lot of labur but trust me it's worth it. I have big singeled mine know and love it.