The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2x oil sandwich plates

Noz

Want peoples opinions here.

Shopping list for NA-T journey is doing nicely but have seen an oil cooler I like. Need to measure it up tommorrow make sure 2x oil feed plates will fit.

The turbo will get its oil line from the oil filter and also this cooler uses a sandwich plate for feed and return, was wondering what peoples thoughts were on using this set up.

At a quick glance I thought dimension wise they should fit, but was worried maybe I'm extending weight on the threads only intended for a mere oil filter.

Thanks in advance.

2 plates fit on the TT, the block being the same I would have to assume it would fit an N/A-T.

You may need to get a shorter oil filter though, I have read different accounts on this. One person said it was fine with stock, the other said he needed a K&N filter.

You could remove the small stock oil cooler to gain an extra inch or so, that's what I plan on doing.

• 9 months later...

You could remove the small stock oil cooler to gain an extra inch or so, that's what I plan on doing.

Is it recommended to remove the stock oil cooler, wouldn't it make sense to keep it there provided one has a thermostatic plate for the 2nd oil cooler - thereby allowing the car to reach operating temp more efficiently?

imi

Is it recommended to remove the stock oil cooler, wouldn't it make sense to keep it there provided one has a thermostatic plate for the 2nd oil cooler - thereby allowing the car to reach operating temp more efficiently?

imi

I went with a thermostatic oil cooler sandwich plate and a bog standard 4 port sandwich plate. Thermostatic plate feeds the oil cooler when the oil gets up to temp and the other plate takes care of the sensors, ergo the stock cooler is no longer required :)