The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Damn squeaks!!!

Rookey

Hey all,

I've got a growing number of amazingly annoying squeaks and rattles in the car when driving but have absolutely no idea where the are coming from!!

Does anyone have any tips on locating squeaks/rattles? Also what do most people use to cure them?

Cheers

Dave

Hey all,

I've got a growing number of amazingly annoying squeaks and rattles in the car when driving but have absolutely no idea where the are coming from!!

Does anyone have any tips on locating squeaks/rattles? Also what do most people use to cure them?

Cheers

Dave

The cure? A good whack and a "yaaarrrr!!" does the trick :D

I don't think there's any other way to tell than to just listen out for stuff then push and pull and wriggle the bits around to see if they're the bits making the noise. If you can't tell then get a passenger to have a look/listen.

Boot Rubbers on the rear hatch if the sound is coming from behind or the suspension top mounts. If the sound is from the cabin its more than likely one or more of the dash panels (or something loose behind them). Try putting your hand on each panel when you hear the sound and see if its reduces or stops, if it does its the panel your hand is currently on :)

It may be coming from the boot area? I was driving around a bit with a completely stripped boot while doing an ice install and it was silent, but when everything’s been refitted now there’s a bit of squeaking/rattling in the boot with the polystyrene trim and tools. Not to worry now though as i just have to turn the stereo up and i can’t hear the noises no more :p

I just have to turn the stereo up and i can’t hear the noises no more :p

That's what I do at the moment ;)

So the boot rubber mod... Is it a mod or just straight replacement from Toyota? Anyone know the part number for the rubbers?

Cheers

Dave