The mkiv Supra Owners Club

manual NA with high miles, whats it worth?

kslb

My Father is looking at selling his 5 spd, L reg NA with 240,000 KM (148,000 miles) on it. It has not been converted to MPH and not been delimited. He has had it for 3 or 4 years. The engine is great does not burn oil and has compression tested great. It has an HKS silent hi power exhaust but apart from that is standard.

It is silver and body work is good and the paintwork pretty good. It has had replacement calipers on the rear about 3 years ago and new shocks on the rear about 2 years ago. The discs have been replaced in the last two years as well.

Just wondered what it is worth as he has asked me to sell it for him, I am tempted to buy it as a track toy but don't really need another project.

I will get some pics soon.

Edit: Forgot to mention it had the heater matrix done 2 years ago and I replaced the front seats with the ones from my wifes Supe as that had only done 50k miles and were in better condition.

Edited by kslb
add info (see edit history)

Guest Budz86

Mine is very similar to this but with about 124k miles, I'm thinking the 3k mark tbh.

That's when the for sale thread goes up :innocent:

So what are the right places? I was thinking pistonheads and local press?

Pretty much, aim for all of the free ones to begin with for moneys sake. I got no hits from Autotrader but I did get a few from pistonheads.

By "right places" I just meant all the ones that are local to you (Scotlandish).

I got 3500 (NA 5 speed in silver) for mine 12 months ago on a trade in. Mileage read very low which was obviously wrong but it did not concern the trader, I think condition is as important as miles especially as a lot of Jspecs seem to have dubious mileage (Your dads sounds honest)