The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre choice...

Rookey

Hey all,

Just found a nail in my tyre, not the greatest thing to happen before heading off to the ring!!

Anyway I'm looking at getting new shoes all around, and am looking for something that's good on the track, but also being as the Supra is my daily drive, something that's not going to continuously throw me sideways in the rain!

I was looking at Advan Sports or the AD08's but AD08's I fear will have the car spinning out in anything but hot weather!

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Dave

I personally wouldnt go round the ring on what appears to be almost the cheapest budget tyre available,

the Enduro 265 30 19 can be bought for £76.80 each !

Nankangs are £85 each and their shocking

Check out http://www.camskill.co.uk for very good tyre prices

I've used Contisports and rate them very highly, we recently had a private test session at the

Portimao circuit in Portugal and both the M3 and 335 Bmw's we used were shod with Contis.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

As it's for track use I wouldn't go budget, if your after a cheap option with some messing I'd look at getting part worns for the track and then put some budgets on when your finished( that's if your running an na in a tt I probs wouldn't go budget in any circumstance )

Just my pennies worth :) Lee

I've never used Nankangs myself but a friend said that they were good tyres for the money! :) Oh well, that's why I ask questions on here eh ;) Every time I've gone around the ring I've been driving much lighter cars wrapped in AD08's or R888's so this is sort of new territory for me on a Supra...

So Falkens or Avons then?

Dave

100% true ive had both with time spent on and off the track and its avons all the way

same here very capable buget tyres. Ran them on 2 of my MR2 turbos and also have them on my LCR.

for £80 a corner they are very good for the money. can be a little slippy when its damp or the tyres arent up to temp which tbh are both conditions that you wouldnt drive hard anyways.

same here very capable buget tyres. Ran them on 2 of my MR2 turbos and also have them on my LCR.

for £80 a corner they are very good for the money. can be a little slippy when its damp or the tyres arent up to temp which tbh are both conditions that you wouldnt drive hard anyways.

yes got to get them up to temp as for in the wet i did cadwell park in a thunderstorm and honestly the grip i still had was fantastic.i cant rate the zz3's enough

Falken FK452

Just put them on all 4 corners and can't fault them

these would prob be the cheapest tire one could put on a supra, pls pls guys do not put bargain basement tires on a supra i experiment all the time with tires on my taxi 2.4 accord and for example bald goodyear eagle f-1 assymetric was better in the wet then a brand new khumo xct 31s, my experience for all round performance and value i found the hankook evo 12 the best