The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Air filter options

gavin.starr

Unless it's highly modified, I'd recommend stock.

That would mean me having to find all the original box and pipes etc... which I don't have. Its only at BPU so no major mods really.

Agree, for the longevity of the engine

If you've got a fmic (judging by your garage) then the stock airbox more than likely won't fit.

Apexi is one of the best filters but for the best results the stock airbox simply because it has 2 cold air feeds

from outside the engine bay.

Induction kits suck in hot air from the engine bay so not ideal

I just wondered what the better options are out there and what peoples recommendations are.

As already said the best option would be to fit a stock airbox, it should work out cheaper than buying a new induction kit.

Its a twin turbo jza80. I was thinking about the Apexi kit, but just thought i would ask first.

Rather than buy a complete kit, you could just swap the HKS mushroom with a better quality cone filter (K&N, Apexi, Blitz, etc.)

Rubbish, i've got the HKS R spec on my car and use the stock airbox !

I`ve a aftermarket I/C and i know others who have (not Ebay) and the stock filter i tried to fit was mms off fitting but it was simply just too tight - prob could have gone on with a load of work and pushing etc

Rubbish, i've got the HKS R spec on my car and use the stock airbox !

Ah ok well I'd read before that the FMIC pipework doesn't fit with the stock airbox but you can alter the pipework enough to just about get it to in some cases.

If you've got a fmic (judging by your garage) then the stock airbox more than likely won't fit.

you're not a very good judge :)

oh btw: I do have a stock airbox for sale (yours for 20 + pst). you will need an intake pipe though.