The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Am I selling my Supra at the right price?

AlexJames

Supracars, seriously, your just talking rubbish now. You do realise that your looking at a 13-14 year old car!? The interior is not shabby at all, and the engine does not run rich. When you take both cats out you get this jumping sound from the exhaust. It happens allot, just check on here there are threads on it!!!

I mentioned in the listing VERY clearly that the wheels needed a refurb. Not miss-leading. AND there is no repairing on the rear at all, its never had an accident there. I dont know what you were knocking at when you were there but where you were is metal.

If its really ask bad as you say, why were you trying to knock me down to 4k?

Im normally quite civil on this forum,but this has annoyed me! Someone please lock this thread down. Yes my car isnt perfect, if it was I would be asking for more. I think I have clearly shown what needs doing. But I have done my best and I think its worth the price. END OF regardless of your views.

IBTL

You're bang on the money, the cars worth more in parts. It may not be in great condition, but the price reflects this. Unfortunately, some people expect a perfect car for minimal money. :rolleyes:

Don't worry about... * edited on the condition that everyone plays nice :) *

Good luck with the sale :)

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

Is it a 5spd converted car or 6spd?

If it's a 6spd it's far too cheap, if it's a 5spd it's a fair price with the things you've mentioned.

Edit - just read your add, some of the stuff you say about the TTC/sync stuff is wrong, especially when the turbo's come in, they should be fully online by 4-4.2k not 5k rpm.

Is it a 5spd converted car or 6spd?

If it's a 6spd it's far too cheap, if it's a 5spd it's a fair price with the things you've mentioned.

Edit - just read your add, some of the stuff you say about the TTC/sync stuff is wrong, especially when the turbo's come in, they should be fully online by 4-4.2k not 5k rpm.

Do you still think its cheap even if its a class C/D ?

Do you still think its cheap even if its a class C/D ?

Definitely, that's silly silly cheap mate. The gearbox and bits alone are worth 3k. The complete engine is worth another 3k. Car is worth 6k all day long IMO.

I'm amazed noone has ripped your arm off.

The box isnt worth 3k, it costs 3k to get all arts needed for a 6sp conversion including the box and the work to get it fitted. 6sp boxes go for 1.7-2.5k. The engine is also not worth 3k, jurgen had an engine that had done lest than 20k on sale on here a while back for £1.4k cash.

You see non cat D 6sp cars come up for £6k, I would say with the Cat D rating this one is worth 5k

The box isnt worth 3k, it costs 3k to get all arts needed for a 6sp conversion including the box and the work to get it fitted. 6sp boxes go for 1.7-2.5k. The engine is also not worth 3k, jurgen had an engine that had done lest than 20k on sale on here a while back for £1.4k cash.

You see non cat D 6sp cars come up for £6k, I would say with the Cat D rating this one is worth 5k

Maybe 5 years ago bud. 2.5k for the gearbox is the going rate, add in the diff, the prop and the driveshafts along with the clutch, master cylinder etc and you are well into 3k. If you can get a drive in drive out 6spd swap for 3k inclusive you're doing better than everyone on here at the moment (talking N/A not AUTO)

As for the engine, was that a longblock with turbo and all ancileries? The last I checked it was 3k for a swap, that did include labour but doesn't include everything else in the engine bay that is also worth money (exhaust, decats, rad, aircon, the list goes on). The engine and engine parts are easily worth 3k when stripped.

That's without mentioning wheels, brakes, bodykit, suspension, suspension arms.

It's worth 6k all day long, anyone selling it for less is mental IMO. Breaking it there is an easy 7k on the car, and that's EASY.