The mkiv Supra Owners Club

4 fogs no brakes

hp006

I have just attempted the fog light conversion.

Apparently i have the common 4 fogs and no brakes, reading on the instructions its says because i have cut before the wires split. Where am i looking for the wires to split as this is not clear on the guide. As far as i can see i have cut in the same places as the pics shown in the guide.

I have cut just behind the bulbs.

Any help appreciated

Excellent i will look in the morning.

Jumping ahead of myself without having looked as its now dark. Where the wires split does this mean when i wire in say the green to the relay im effectively joining two wires together to go to the relay. Sure it will be clearer when i look but just want to get a heads up as it will be an early start and dont want to waste time.

Thanks

Not sure I understand your question, however the following diagram is what you presumably are aiming for - notice it shows the wires splitting outside the bulkhead.

attachment.php?attachmentid=42619&d=1156803485

edit: If you mean at pin 87a on the Right hand relay then yes you have both wires connected to the relay at that point

Also the following thread seems to have helped a number of people out in the past ...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?80479-Fog-Light-Conversions-for-beginners&highlight=fog+conversion

Mike

Edited by Pixelfill (see edit history)