The mkiv Supra Owners Club

more bad luck

supra steveo

i am just going to drive like miss daisy from now on, ive had enough.

anyway..........

Just popped out to get some bits and bobs from the local tesco's and i was on a country road, oh hang on ,the good luck first , the car passed its MOT today so thats good news , any way just hit the national speed limit sign and started to accelerate but just then seen something at the side of the road so applied the brakes, managed to slow down well with the UK setup doing its job well , i had seen a baby deer wandering into the road, then wham! the fella on the otherside of the road hadnt seen it and probably hit it at 60 maybe more, well that sent the deer in my direction massive sh1t show with a little blood and guts for good measure and a god almighty thud of the poor little blighter going under my car smashing my bomex front and again the air con dryer has gone into the aircon rad its not as bad as my last car when i hit the hare but thats besides the point ............................... i feel like crying :( i am on a parade tomorrow then i am going to see about getting the rest of the week off because well i am hanging out and am absolutly threaders, looks like Japshow is off for me totally gutted :badmood: :cry:

so here are the pics :(

fresh from the blood bath

after a quick jet wash to get everything off the car ( and paintwork )

think the front end is terminal just need to speak to Jamie, i wouldnt care the car has just been picked up from his body shop last week :(

ah bad luck there, i hit a deer in the supe a while back, luckily i was only going 40mph and it leaped out from the left, hit it's rear with the front bumper before it sped off, made a fair whack sound but since i have the oem front the only damage was a few little scratches and a chunk of hair stuck between the bumper and headlight.

I'd have been asking for the guys insurance details, or if he left the accident I would have got his plate. Totally his fault IMO and his insurance should be covering it. Yes accidents happen but if he was paying more attention to what was in front of him it could have been avoided.

Steve just bin the air con mate. Take the pump and rad out. If ya hot take the roof off.

Gutted for ya mate, I really am. Is there any other damage apart from A/C and bumper

now just covered in crap most of it has washed off the dryer hit the air con rad and the bumper is a little smashed up but thats it really

I'd have been asking for the guys insurance details, or if he left the accident I would have got his plate. Totally his fault IMO and his insurance should be covering it. Yes accidents happen but if he was paying more attention to what was in front of him it could have been avoided.

lol Kindertons would start to think i am having a laugh i think , first the stupid tart with her door hitting my passenger side , then the truck going down the drivers side now this think they would tell me to go whistle or think i am getting good at playing the game , think i am just going to put it down to fate and being in the wrong place at the right time ........... am getting bloody good at that :(

was there much left of the deer? (thinking venison here, sorry... take it home, stick it in the freezer...)

sorry about the car, but its fixable and it could have been much worse. i remember seeing a truck on the A303 that had hit a deer. front of the truck was totalled. had to drive through the remains of the deer (it was mince and over both sides of the road). kept finding deer remains on the underside for ages :(

Well the fella from the other car last has just approached me and asked how my car was, his insurance company will be out today to look at his car so I've told him to tell them my car was damaged too , can't believe it I was taking the fella for a cross country lesson lol so maybe my luck is turning ....... Let's hope so.

Also the other guy thinks his alpha is a write off

Edited by supra steveo (see edit history)

http://www.knightracer.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=38_57&page=2

just seen this too, are these a good fit ? i know knight racer did my first bumper and i was very pleased with it just wondering if there is any reason for the mad low price ?

well spotted mate them prices do seem quite low, i would love to know what kind of fit they are.

It isn't an act of god that he hit the thing ffs. Put it back into their corner that if the driver had been paying attention he would have been able to quite easily avoid the accident. It was the drivers negligence that caused the accident, not the fact that there was an animal in the road.

It isn't an act of god that he hit the thing ffs. Put it back into their corner that if the driver had been paying attention he would have been able to quite easily avoid the accident. It was the drivers negligence that caused the accident, not the fact that there was an animal in the road.

they said that he never seen is so he wasnt at fault

Bomex FTW mate.................

Hope you get sorted for Japshow, watch out for badgers too!! small but make alot of damage :D

I am glad some one thinks bomex FTW the yanks hate it lol and its not going to be done for jap show :( still need the aircon rad and a new bomex front i will be getting one from Knight racer so stand by for the results but like i say the first one i bought was an awesome fit, the second wasnt that good but it still fit ok so will see what these are like now