The mkiv Supra Owners Club

auto dimming rear view mirror possible?

gazza w

hi guys looked in search and this hasnt been covered by the looks of it :S.

anyways ive got an auto dim mirror in my car at the mo and i was wandering if it was possible to fit one to the supe in place of its standard one?? and also would auto dim side mirrors be possibles too?

any help would be greatly appreciated!! :D

Gaz

The mirrors contain all the bits to make them tint, as m_life said you will just have to feed a 12V supply.

As for the mirrors this will be more complicated as you will have to find some electric photochromatic glass mirrors and get it cut to fit the Supra housing. You will then have to get a trigger from the interior mirror.

Sounds like a world of pain, but good luck if you try.

By the way, when looking for an interior mirror stay well away from Saab ones. They are crud!!!!!!

haha im leaning towards a BMW or Lexus ones as they or probs the best and i'd say the Lexus ones would be easiest to fit being 'Toyota' :)

i probs wont end up doing to side mirrors, sounds like too much hassle!

Unless you develop a wing mirror fetish and see if any Audi or BMW etc have similar sized glass to the Supra

lol hmmm well i do like a wing mirror lamp shade..... and a table to match!! i could try and source a bmw e34

SPG thats a very good idea!! hmm!!!! decisions decisions!! lol

High spec V8 Soarers had the auto tint rear view mirror so there is a Toyota option, not sure tinting door mirrors is even legal?

My range rover has auto tinting side and rear view mirrors !!!! the mirror glass is £159 off e.bay, damn good though, really funny when someone try's to be clever and give it main beam behind, it just does not dazzle at all, I normally let em past and return the favour but put it on its high setting and get about 2 inches behine em at the lights.

My range rover has auto tinting side and rear view mirrors !!!! the mirror glass is £159 off e.bay, damn good though, really funny when someone try's to be clever and give it main beam behind, it just does not dazzle at all, I normally let em past and return the favour but put it on its high setting and get about 2 inches behine em at the lights.

Didnt even know they existed, but its something I do wish I had on many occasions :)