The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Line lock with ABS

bradleyh_15

I don't think there should be any issues with ABS when fitting the line lock.

Fingers crossed I won't! I just was hoping someone who already had it fitted could just give me piece of mind!

Hope your keeping well? And hope the blitz centre section is doing the job for you? :)

I'm thinking about fitting it myself too so a little feedback when fitted would be nice. :D

Have been thinking the whole thing through and i don't think there will be a problem. When line locking you press the brake, lock it and then release so the ABS itself doesn't react in any kind(if i am not getting it wrong) if it would you couldn't drift/power oversteer the Supra :)

Still i would fit the line lock after the ABS block so between the front brakes and the block and there shouldn't be an issue with it :)

Yeah everything well so far only my bank account has got worse since then. Thanks to the Supra :D

How are you doing?

Love the Blitz Sound and even more since the midpipie, sadly can't drive it without the silencer very often because of the noise restrictions here in Germany :(

Glad you like it mate! Sorry about the sound restrictions :(

I will try and remember to take as many pictures as possible and probably do a how to for the tech section :D fingers crossed all goes well

Yeah I'm all good just like you spend virtually all my spare cash on the car as there is always something I want or need :D

A line lock is a device that allows the front brakes to lock independently of the rear brakes via a switchThe device is an electric solenoid that controls a valve which is placed on the front brake line, and is controlled by a switch Normally, the valve is open and allows fluid to pass through to the front brakesHowever, when the brakes are applied and the solenoid is activated, the valve closes to trap the brake fluid, keeping the front brakes applied until the switch is released.

ABS when active will receive its data by its data from the abs sensors, it is trying to control the brake fluids pressure send to the brakes, to prevent lock up, it is constant controlling and monitoring the pressure send to the brakes and by that it is not interferring by a line lock kit, the abs computer will regulate pressure only sent towards the brakes, During normal driving, the solenoid is open and the brake pressure is applied to the ABS unit exactly as it is without the solenoid installed. Only when the solenoid is powered via the dash button is the brake line valved off and pressure held on the front brakes.

Enjoy having a line lock kit on the supe, and no worries for the ABS.

Glad you like it mate! Sorry about the sound restrictions :(

Meh trying to figure out a way of making it quiet and loud on the run. Only problem is the regulations that don't alow a manual flap so i have to figure out something boost dependant or electronically controlled ... german regulations suck -.-

I will try and remember to take as many pictures as possible and probably do a how to for the tech section :D fingers crossed all goes well

Would be very nice! :)

Yeah I'm all good just like you spend virtually all my spare cash on the car as there is always something I want or need :D

It never ends :D

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I am installing a line lock reversed to prevent fluid from going to the rear calipers (engaging line lock prior to applying brake pressure) so that I can use front brakes as desired while having no rear brakes. I was thinking I only need to connect the solenoid to the front outlet from the brake cylinder instead of the rear but then thought about ABS..

Question 1: Is ABS off when trac control is turned off from the switch in the car?

Question 2: If cutting off brake power at the master brake cylinder will affects ABS while trac control is off, whats the best way to counter that? Wire a switch to the ABS fuse?

On power donuts, while braking, the ABS has never clicked which leads me to believe ABS should not be an issue when installing line lock as described?

Thanks for answers!