The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Flappy Paddle Supra

David P

This is a copy of a post from down in the dungeons of my Supracharger project thread.

I am really pleased with the Manualised T.T.-N/A Hybrid transmission, and have made videos of this World First in operation.

I have posted it up here too because I wanted to show it off. :)

After today's tinkering, I took a video of the Maiden Voyage of Hecklers gear display lights in action, and I am having a go at my first video upload. :)

These are not full-blast runs, I am demonstrating the operation of the transmission and the display showing Suprastick control of the T.T. A343E that I have Hybridised with N/A A340E hydraulics. :cool:

The car is fitted with a T.T. auto 3.769 Torsen diff and 18x10 wheels on 275 40 tyres, which make the ratios long & leggy in readiness for the supercharger conversion and is geared for a theoretical top speed of 202mph @ 6,800rpm.

The first clip is with Suprastick in auto mode - map 2 (sport patterns) at about 3/4ish throttle, which can be seen from the rpm of the gear changes.

At WOT, map 2 changes up at 6,799rpm every single time. :)

The second video was taken on route home where I found one opportunity to record the Suprastick operating in manualised mode, I am making these gear changes using the tiptronic steering wheel buttons.

Running out of road in the first clip, and running out of responsible space for the second, whilst holding the camera in my left hand. :innocent:

Manu indicates Manualised Mode - O/D OFF indicates map 2 - sport patterns for Auto Mode and also engine ECU sport setting, in readiness for the AEM 30-1100.

LED's; Torque Converter Lock-up - 1st - 2nd - 3rd - O/D

The Suprastick has complete programmable control of the shift patterns, speed of gear changes and torque converter lock-up, with slip control in manualised mode using 'hold' changes. :thumbs:

Link to further info; http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/group.php?groupid=57

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Nice work mate, looks really good - Very impressive :D

Once mine is finished we will have to compare the systems :)

Looking forwards to that. :thumbs:

I am really pleased with it's operation and will upgrade to 'proper' flappy paddles at a later date.

I can then use the Tiptronic buttons for noz, or launching exorcet missiles maybe. ;)

Edited by David P (see edit history)

• 6 months later...

AEM stepper motor analogue data logging gauges - AFR - H2O/CH3OH - EGT - Boost are now located in the group of four.

Stepper Motor analogue gauges - oil press - oil temp - trans oil temp - diff oil temp - charge-cooler water temp - volts in the top glove box.

I like analogue gauges and they should prove useful to monitor the effects of supercharging.

How did you mount the tranny oil temp sender??

I got hold of an inline fitting for the actual oil line but I'm not overly convinced on it. It looks like the sender will be shielded by the mount and not allow and oil around it only onto the very end tip of the sender so I dont know how acurate it will be. I'm kinda considering drilling and tapping a tread into the tranny sump and fitting the sender there.. any pictures on your mounting point??