The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scotland Trip - 1600 miles round trip with a Monaro and a Caterham

qwarrior

So my friend bought himself a Caterham and thought it would be a good idea to organise a 7 day trip around Scotland using the main roads as little as possible.

Some teaser photos below, but more to come.

The route was:

Sunday: Newcastle - Falkirk

Monday: Falkirk - Carnoustie

Tuesday: Carnoustie - Fort Augustus (Loch Ness)

Wednesday: Fort Augustus - Ullapool (via Tongue)

Thurday: Ullapool - Isle of Skye

Friday: Skye - Kinross

Saturday: Kinross - Newcastle

I can highly recommend a week doing this and will be organising something similar next year.

More pics and videos to follow.

DSCF0090.JPG

DSCF2676.JPG

DSCF2703.JPG

DSCF2728.JPG

DSCF2772.JPG

Edited by qwarrior
Reg No. in pics removed (see edit history)

Mental, we planned almost exactly that trip in a Sup, a Seat Leon, and an M3 for later this year. Newcastle up to Scotland to include the Isle of Sky. It was primarily a photography excursion but the cars were to be featured highly in the excitement. I may just be interested in your follow up trip :)

Mental, we planned almost exactly that trip in a Sup, a Seat Leon, and an M3 for later this year. Newcastle up to Scotland to include the Isle of Sky. It was primarily a photography excursion but the cars were to be featured highly in the excitement. I may just be interested in your follow up trip :)

Can send you the route and recommend some good hotels/b&bs if you like for this year.

The scenery is good up here. You should give us lot a shout if you do it again could maybe meet up depending on your route. What was the fuel bill like for the Monaro?

Agreed - you probably could have met up with loads of folk on here if you had said beforehand. In for the pics!:)

I also recently did a Scotland trip, wish I had taken the Supra though because the scenery and weather during the royal wedding week was spectacular.

We went first to Oban then up to Inverness via Loch Ness. Then over to Ullapool and right up to the north coast at Durness before heading back down to Aviemore area and then back home to Penrith.

oban.jpg

Entering highlands.jpg

loch ness.jpg

ullapool.jpg

durness.jpg

The scenery is good up here. You should give us lot a shout if you do it again could maybe meet up depending on your route. What was the fuel bill like for the Monaro?

That was the plan originally, but I think it was a bit last minute and as you know, internet on the go up there is a bit scarce. As far as I'm aware I got the best consumption on the trip (Auto TT BPU), maybe I was just driving like a girl. Paul's Monaro was thirsty, especially when he was through the gears on the windy bits. I think he used an extra tank over me and Stu in the Caterham.

I also recently did a Scotland trip, wish I had taken the Supra though because the scenery and weather during the royal wedding week was spectacular.

We went first to Oban then up to Inverness via Loch Ness. Then over to Ullapool and right up to the north coast at Durness before heading back down to Aviemore area and then back home to Penrith.

Nice Pics. the weather was great through the cairngorms, but sh*t most of the rest of the week. Still had fun though.

The beach was right up top of the north west coast. A place called Durness (UK mainland most northwesterly settlement). Also one of the most sparcely populated areas in the UK. It has a great jurasic feel to the coast line but I'd say good weather is a must if you visit here. I can easily imagine it to be a harsh place in bad weather.

But I was surprised how clear and blue the water was up there, almost had a mediterrainian feel to it. (But the water was still darn cold). :)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=durness&aq=&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=14.410453,45.878906&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Durness,+Lairg,+Highland,+United+Kingdom&ll=58.568857,-4.738863&spn=0.006199,0.030577&t=h&z=16

• 2 weeks later...