The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chrome Ring Set Fitted at last, Pics included

DodgyRog

Well I have had this Polished ring set for a while, but never got round to fitting it.

So Jen was working today and the weathers iffy so got my sick arse out of the house for a change and these are the results

This is every Ring that the guy on Ebay sells as well as his Handbrake and Gearlever Gaitors

Really think they modernise the interior a lot

As it was before

attachment.php?attachmentid=134134&stc=1&d=1307291206

And with all the new bits fitted, just needs a good clean now

attachment.php?attachmentid=134131&stc=1&d=1307290312

attachment.php?attachmentid=134132&d=1307290312

attachment.php?attachmentid=134133&stc=1&d=1307290312

dash.jpg

dash1.jpg

dash2.jpg

Old Dash.jpg

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet!

very nice mate

Thanks guys

How much did you pay for the full set and are they a good fit?

Hi Paul,

the rings were the ones off Ebay and generally were a good fit, but don't expect to fit them in 5 mins

We found the only way to get them to fit (especially the Dial rings) was to remove the panels from the dash, this made life much easier, the clock needs to be removed to fit the clock ring

When fitting the rings, some of them need to be slightly curved, due to the dash being slightly curved, this isn't a problem, but takes time and patience

The Gear Stick Ring was a big problem.

It doesn't fit with the car in standard form and needs to be curved quite a bit, which is why I ended up replacing my Gaitor.

The guy that sells them on Ebay did not know this was a problem, due to it being a fairly new product and I went down and he had a go at fitting it himself and failed. He is a really nice guy and helped me out in every way possible, including inviting me to his house on a Sunday to help me with this problem. Anyway in the end we came to the conclusion the only way to fit the Gear Stick Ring was to Glue the Gaitor in place, it's normally held in place by a plastic ring from the underside and it was the plastic ring that was stopping the Chrome ring from sitting in place. I could of used my Gaitor for this, but for the trouble Greg offered me the replacement Handbrake and Gearstick Gaitors for free

There also seems to be a problem with the Supra panels, I had one ring that would not fit my panels and Greg had a full set of Dash Panels at his place and it fitted his panel perfectly, anyway he went and got a couple of different rings from different model cars that were a touch bigger and we found one that fitted. The only thing we could think of was that the panels were made from diffferent moulds and they were half a mm different. Anyway he did say if anyone gets a problem if they let him know he will always do everything in his power to sort the issue out rather than getting negative feedback, he seems to run it as a proper business

As for price I only paid £69 for all the rings, but I picked them up in person, paid cash not through Ebay and negotiated the price with him, but it gives you an idea

I would say anyone could fit the rings, you just need some patience and good half day, proberbly a day to get it perfect and clean

If you do decide to go with them and need any help, give me a shout or otherwise just contact Greg himself, he's very friendly and helpful

Cheers Rog

Are those the ones from The Tuning Shop? look very good and liven the dash up a treat

Yeah that's the ones, I certainly think they modernise the dash a lot and give it that more up market look, works really well with my Momo Trek R as well

Funny enough I did the same the other day!

Dunno if I got different ones but they just pushed straight on - took about 2 minutes to fit them. They're about to get ripped off again for a gloss black paint job for the dash and I'm having the cig lighter removed at the same time.

Heres my wee pics - apologies for the semi-hijack :)

If you do decide to go with them and need any help, give me a shout or otherwise just contact Greg himself, he's very friendly and helpful

I might just give you a shout Rog, I fitted a Carbon Fibre dash on my old Supra and NEVER AGAIN!!! :rolleyes:

Do they make the chrome ring set for a facelift Supra?

The reason I ask is that I'm picking mine up soon :)

Funny enough I did the same the other day!

Dunno if I got different ones but they just pushed straight on - took about 2 minutes to fit them. They're about to get ripped off again for a gloss black paint job for the dash and I'm having the cig lighter removed at the same time.

Heres my wee pics - apologies for the semi-hijack :)

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/alli_RR/DSC_0251.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/alli_RR/DSC_0254.jpg

got them rings on the inside of my car aswell matey, makes the car feel alot newer :)

Pics are always welcome:cool:

Did you both get yours from the Tuning Shop on Ebay as well ?

I might just give you a shout Rog, I fitted a Carbon Fibre dash on my old Supra and NEVER AGAIN!!! :rolleyes:

Do they make the chrome ring set for a facelift Supra?

The reason I ask is that I'm picking mine up soon :)

Good to see you getting back in a Supra, give you a bit off time before the next Dragonba11 to get it sorted;)

To be honest mate, I don't know, but I think I remember seeing some on Ebay, not sure if they were from the same guy, as I didn't need facelift, so never paid any attention

Good to see you getting back in a Supra, give you a bit off time before the next Dragonba11 to get it sorted;)

To be honest mate, I don't know, but I think I remember seeing some on Ebay, not sure if they were from the same guy, as I didn't need facelift, so never paid any attention

Yeah I couldn't resist...TJP showed me the error of my ways ;) :D

I'm buying back my old VVTi TT supe that I was forced to give away...didn't get time to enjoy her lol :(

I will definately back in a Supe for Dragonball 12 :)

Ok mate not to worry, I'll have a look...bit of a silly question but not sure, which Ebay site did you get the ring set from? Was it Ebay.co.uk or Ebay.com??

Yeah I couldn't resist...TJP showed me the error of my ways ;) :D

I'm buying back my old VVTi TT supe that I was forced to give away...didn't get time to enjoy her lol :(

I will definately back in a Supe for Dragonball 12 :)

Ok mate not to worry, I'll have a look...bit of a silly question but not sure, which Ebay site did you get the ring set from? Was it Ebay.co.uk or Ebay.com??

This is the guy I got mine from bud

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/THE-TUNING-SHOP/TOYOTA-/_i.html?_nkw=supra&_fsub=246699119&_sid=330164979

Great :)

Thanks Rog :thumbs: :)

EDIT: Was it hard to fit the gear and handbrake gaiter?

I've found a set that looks fantastic and wondered how it fitted... :)

Edited by SilverSoop (see edit history)

Great :)

Thanks Rog :thumbs: :)

EDIT: Was it hard to fit the gear and handbrake gaiter?

I've found a set that looks fantastic and wondered how it fitted... :)

It wasn't hard at all, although you do have to melt or cut the plastic away on the holding ring for the Gearstick Gaitor, the handbrake one was really easy, take off the rubber bit on the centre console first, then it just sides over the top and replace the rubber piece, which now tucks the excess leather away, job done

It wasn't hard at all, although you do have to melt or cut the plastic away on the holding ring for the Gearstick Gaitor, the handbrake one was really easy, take off the rubber bit on the centre console first, then it just sides over the top and replace the rubber piece, which now tucks the excess leather away, job done

Ok thanks Rog, doesn't sound too hard...

You say with the gearstick gaitor that you have to melt or cut the plastic away on the holding ring, how does the new gaitor fit flush without looking tacky?

I'm not the best with DIY jobs lol, I want it to look a decent job so I want to ask a pro ;)

I've just bought a gear and handbrake gaitor fom the tuning shop and I'm looking forward to it being fitted on my Supe :)

Ok thanks Rog, doesn't sound too hard...

You say with the gearstick gaitor that you have to melt or cut the plastic away on the holding ring, how does the new gaitor fit flush without looking tacky?

I'm not the best with DIY jobs lol, I want it to look a decent job so I want to ask a pro ;)

I've just bought a gear and handbrake gaitor fom the tuning shop and I'm looking forward to it being fitted on my Supe :)

The Gaitor fixs from underneath the panel, so you won't be able to see where you have glued it, just take your time and don't over do the glue, you will see what I am talking about when you take the panel out and turn it upside down

The Gaitor fixs from underneath the panel, so you won't be able to see where you have glued it, just take your time and don't over do the glue, you will see what I am talking about when you take the panel out and turn it upside down

Ok cheers Rog, doesn't sound too bad...I'll figure it out lol :D

If I get any trouble with it though...I'll be blaming you ;)

Ok cheers Rog, doesn't sound too bad...I'll figure it out lol :D

If I get any trouble with it though...I'll be blaming you ;)

At this point I think you should read my Disclaimer

All my work is shoddy and any one that copies will get the same excellent quality.............DodgyRog, it's the name you can trust;)