The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend me a trickle charger

Tyson

CTEK Multi XS3600 - 12V Battery Charger & Conditioner

I have this charger and it is terrific. It actually lives in a tupperware box underneath the car as I can get the car within 2m of my nearest electrical point. We do not have a garage and the car lives under a Stormforce4.

It has around 1 metre of cable from the plug to the charger and then about 1.2 metres of lead to the clips that attach to the battery.

Great product for me.

H.

No it is under a storm force 4 on the drive, power point won't be a problem though as I can get it near our garage (dads workshop) which has power points.

It would have to be pretty near as the cable from the socket is 1.5m then you have the control box. You then have about 1.4 metres from the control box to the battery. I have mine coming out of our front door and then keep the controller in a plastic box under the car with some drain holes in it. The charger is ok down to about -10 degrees but is only IP22 so not particularly resistant to moisture if outside unprotected.

My problem was that I needed to run the wire through the front air intake then the bonnet was not always open or the wires were in contact with the body work.

I will get a pic up if you want.

H.

It would have to be pretty near as the cable from the socket is 1.5m then you have the control box. You then have about 1.4 metres from the control box to the battery. I have mine coming out of our front door and then keep the controller in a plastic box under the car with some drain holes in it. The charger is ok down to about -10 degrees but is only IP22 so not particularly resistant to moisture if outside unprotected.

My problem was that I needed to run the wire through the front air intake then the bonnet was not always open or the wires were in contact with the body work.

I will get a pic up if you want.

H.

Yes mate that would be a great help

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8831/p1000323u.jpg

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1019/p1000324rc.jpg

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/7772/p1000325s.jpg

If you are further away than I am or can't get the car in the right position with the battery nearest the power point then you will struggle. Another option would be to get a dedicated weather proof socket outside and run the cables under the car. Not ideal though.

H

Just got my xs 3600 this morning will put it on on Thursday as I am using the supra Wednesday. Just reading through the instruction and this may sound like a silly question but the supras battery is negatively grounded right? And it says the negative should be attached to the chassis, where have you attached yours? Why can't you attach it to the negative terminal, again that is probably an obvious one too. Thanks for your help !!