The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bosscos supra build

hodge

Hi guys.

Thought it was about time I shared some of this. I've been working with this car for the last year or so and have virtually built it from the ground up. It's now ready for the paint shop.

It started it's life as an N/A and well!!!!!

I'll let Bossco (Ross tell the story).

There's still a few things to do such as a full wire tuck and remove the A/C. But all in all it's done for now.

Here's some pics of the car in all it's glory. ENJOY!!

Full set of defi's

Defi control unit and turbo timer

Custom speaker pods for 6x9s. I've also done a full boot install but have no pics of it as yet.

Bride seats

The magic bleeding funnel strikes again..

Uk brakes with 3G discs

More pics to come late on when I upload them.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stunning, absolutely great work.

One thing to point out John, the blue silicone pipe on the rats next is kinked. Thinking it might cause a bit of a restriction to the sequential system, effects unknown.

Picture 3 just above right of the middle :)

Stunning, absolutely great work.

One thing to point out John, the blue silicone pipe on the rats next is kinked. Thinking it might cause a bit of a restriction to the sequential system, effects unknown.

Picture 3 just above right of the middle :)

It's not kinked mate if you look closer the pipe I/D is a little small for the b

Bulds on the end of the hardpipes and it's pushed on tight.

It's not kinked mate if you look closer the pipe I/D is a little small for the b

Bulds on the end of the hardpipes and it's pushed on tight.

Yeah I can see that bud, same as the other ones. Looks like it's folded in the middle due to the 90degree angle it's at though... as if it's too long.

If you say it's ok I'm sure it's ok though, will just be the picture making it look tapewormed in the middle :)

Thanks guys. I'm Supra Ross will be on soon to tell you all the cars story. It's been a total rollercoaster.

Well I'm not sure who will be interested in the full story lol but I'll give a brief history.

I got the car about 5 years ago as an N/A and used it every day for 2 years problem free, didnt really do many mods, air filter exhaust etc... Then I had a go in Johns old blue supra and less than a week later I was booked in for a TT conversion. Thats when things tits up. The job was a shocking effort to be honest. After I got the car back it needed the bumper and skirt repainting, 4 power steering pumps, 6 coilpacks, the belt tensioner snapped and the coil pack connectors had been siliconed in place despite me specifically requested new clips be used. The water pump was also shot even though I was told this had been replaced.

Courtesy of John all these faults were put right. He even chucked in some chrome bonnet hooks which is always the start of a slippery slope, just look what happend :)

In March 2009 I brough the car out after winter and when blasting up the road the oil pump let go blowing out the front oil seal. The car lost almost all it's oil in about a minute. Bad times. I was recomended a garage not far from me to change the oil pump and front seal. The quoted me around the £400 mark so I took them up. A few weeks later the car was ready and I went to pick it up. Upon arrival I was asked to pay over £2000 for the job to which I refused to pay. This is another story..........On the drive home the car decided blow the front and rear seals out again. The garage tried to blame the oil pump I provided which was a brand new pump from toyota, they also attempted to blame polish trapped in the cam covers, unsuprisingly I wasnt having any of that!!!! again this is another story.......

Unfortunately I didnt have enough money to fix the car straight away so it's been an on going adventure for me and John over the last 2 years, collecting parts and doing jobs as and when. It's not an exageration that the car's been built from the ground up. Today was a big day finishing off some some of the last jobs, fitting black carpet and roof lining etc.

I'll unleash the car in full hopefully later this month.

Edited by Bossco (see edit history)