The mkiv Supra Owners Club

the most power out of a n/a supra mk4 ??

bl4stin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Without spending mega bucks you wont gain alot mate, most NA's dyno between 200-230 with basic mods such as full exhaust, double decat, manifold etc. The stock airbox is regarded as the best as it has 2 air feeds that draw cold air in from outside the engine bay.

TBH the best thing i did to mine was the full exhaust with manifold, it frees the revs up top end and removes the slight flat spot when changing gear, but the car is extremely loud.

If you have the money power can be had from it though, there are a couple of 300+ NAs around the world but the cost to get there is silly when you consider a TT lump inc fitting is around £2500.

End of the day just having a healthy engine helps, mine dynod at 232.6 bhp with the full exhaust, mines ECU, 101RON fuel, but on the same dyno 5 mins before m_life dynod at 230.5 with just a 2nd decat and cat back exhaust, just because he had a fresher healthier engine.

Or 75 mph if going down a hill

Now your just being silly, my understanding that the sheer G force created by an N/A going down hill will reduce its speed to 50mph. However it will make a TT

go faster and then it will be able to over take ANYTHING!

In short, The OP should TT his car

Exhaust, decat pipe and tubular manifold should gain around 10-20hp and make the car feel more responsive. The stock airbox is the best option, an aftermarket induction kit is likely to reduce power.

To get any more than this out of a normally aspirated 2JZ-GE you would need to completely rebuild the engine with lighter/stronger internals, up the compression ratio, bigger capacity, raise the rev limit, higher lift/longer duration cams, ITB's, aftermarket ECU, etc. etc. you could spend many £K's and still only make moderate gains.

Some replies to the same question HERE, HERE & HERE

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

yes m8 i think i will , just look for a TT just there still expensive they are still going for like 8,000 pounds , and im like jesus id have to save ages for that even if i still sell my MR2 lol .

it just show how good the car is , i mean its built way ahead of its time , and it still holds the value .

just look at any new audi for example after 5 years there only worth 6,7 thousand and that depends on mileage , but after 15 years the supra well ive seen a good one from "boyz toyz " on the auto trader going for 15995 lol and its 15 , 16 years old LMAO amazing .

another thing i wanted to ask , is there any revisions to get , like for example the MR2 has 5 revisions , each revision having little upgrades and slight cosmetic changes etc , does the supra have these aswell and if so which is the best value for money one to get , thanks

Boyz toyz.......................

TT autos 5k now.

Two "revs" normal and facelift. Not hard to facelift an old car.

yeah do you know who boyz toyz are ??? they claim to be the biggest importers and exporters of toyota supras , anyhow they have a uk spec 6 speed manual for like 15,995 and you know what if i had the money id still pay that as its an amazing car.

you talk about the airbox being really good , i have the same situation with the mr2 turbo , ,if i was to get an induction kit id probably lose power due to the tremendous heat soak in the engine bay in the mr2 turbo lol , so ive kept the standard airbox , however i do love the noise an induction kit makes and espeacially if its a turbo as you will hear the wonders of the turbos working , just there must be an aftermarket one which will be better like a blitz one unless toyota have just used there engineering to the best and maxed out this area lol !!

Two "revs" normal and facelift. Not hard to facelift an old car.

or to look at it another way MK2 Celica Supra (2.8i), MK3 Supra (2.0, 2.5, 3.0) and MK4 Supra...

would look for pics but I'm sure everyone knows what they look like...

why is it an instant ban , if i mention that name , how in the name of hell am i supposed to know , people need to start chilling out , freedom of speech clearly doesnt exist here , i simply stated the fact they have a car well worth 15,995 so how is that damaging , jesus christ people need start chillin baby jesus out !!!!!!

why is it an instant ban , if i mention that name , how in the name of hell am i supposed to know , people need to start chilling out , freedom of speech clearly doesnt exist here , i simply stated the fact they have a car well worth 15,995 so how is that damaging , jesus christ people need start chillin baby jesus out !!!!!!

Calm down! Calm down!

No one's saying you'd get an instant ban for mentioning their name, as you say you have no idea. I was simply pointing out that the company has in the past threatened legal action against the club and so to avoid any problems the club Moderators have asked members not to discuss them. If anyone is suppressing the freedom of speech it is the company in question for threatening the club.

£15,995 for a UK spec Supra is WAY overpriced! For that money I'd want a late model, manual, single turbo VVTi and change, oh and that's my own opinion sue me ;)

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Calm down! Calm down!

No one's saying you'd get an instant ban for mentioning their name, as you say you have no idea. I was simply pointing out that the company has in the past threatened legal action against the club and so to avoid any problems the club Moderators have asked members not to discuss them. If anyone is suppressing the freedom of speech it is the company in question for threatening the club.

£15,995 for a UK spec Supra is WAY overpriced! For that money I'd want a late model, manual, single turbo VVTi and change, oh and that's my own opinion sue me ;)

ok thats fine , just thats twice i feel ive been threatned of being banned , both times where things i had no idea about , ive just read the story of this forum and that company so im up to date now , but i think its worth the money as its such a good car , anyhow just reflecting what you said , why would you want a single big turbo and not the twin stock setup ????? is the single one better and if so why ???

ok thats fine , just thats twice i feel ive been threatned of being banned , both times where things i had no idea about , ive just read the story of this forum and that company so im up to date now , but i think its worth the money as its such a good car , anyhow just reflecting what you said , why would you want a single big turbo and not the twin stock setup ????? is the single one better and if so why ???

A single turbo Supra is one where both small turbos have been removed and replaced with a modern, larger, more efficient unit. More than just the turbo and exhaust etc needs to be changed, with engine management and fulling system upgrades too.

i dunno about you and regardless of the performace , but the sound of a having a sequental turbo set up sounds alot more attractive and high tec , compared to the single unit , but to have a turbo to give you abit of low end grunt and then a back up to thrust you even harder , just the thought of having that would make me be proud to own a twin turbo supra ; )

i dunno about you and regardless of the performace , but the sound of a having a sequental turbo set up sounds alot more attractive and high tec , compared to the single unit , but to have a turbo to give you abit of low end grunt and then a back up to thrust you even harder , just the thought of having that would make me be proud to own a twin turbo supra ; )

You need a ride in a single !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JP where are you??

To answer your original question, as others have mentioned getting power from an NA is almost impossible. +20bhp could be gained from exhaust mods but that's about it without going forced induction or incredibly expensive NA mods. Even with NA mods the TT engine route makes so much more sense financially and in terms of further upgrades. TT's are not that much more expensive than NA's and if you don't already have a top end NA it's a much cheaper route to just buy a TT in the first place.

Are you bothered about auto's vs manuals?

Thanks for saving the mods some time and explaining in full :)

Stock (BPU) TT's are very quick cars, no doubt about it. The single is a whole different matter though, it's the same difference between an NA and a TT as a TT to single (and on high specs, then some). They don't have the same very low end power as the TT in 1st gear, but the mid and high range is phenomenally more torquey. You really need to go in one to appreciate it, just ask one of the guys here, they'll be happy to take you for a drive.