The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seen this on eBay?

Swampy442

I've had the holy grail...I sold it for a late spec VVTi...!!

It is great that the UK specs still hold such great value, but will be interesting to see if that sells when you can buy the last off the line 6sp facelift for around the same price.

Just for info, I paid around that same price for my 1993 import way back in 2000.

In my mind these cars have got to the age now (as in age since they were last made) that it doesn't make a difference to me whether I have a UK spec or a J-spec car. All the parts are coming from the same place, they are all classed as old, even a 2002 car is old now. In other words, I would rather pay more for a really clean J-spec than an average UK spec. Thats hypothetical by the way, I think this is a really nice looking UK spec so should be a good price, but nowhere near what it is listed at now.

In my mind these cars have got to the age now (as in age since they were last made) that it doesn't make a difference to me whether I have a UK spec or a J-spec car. All the parts are coming from the same place, they are all classed as old, even a 2002 car is old now. In other words, I would rather pay more for a really clean J-spec than an average UK spec. Thats hypothetical by the way, I think this is a really nice looking UK spec so should be a good price, but nowhere near what it is listed at now.

:yeahthat:

Spot on imo :)

The seller can always lower the price, they only need one european buyer that has

plenty of cash and has to have a UK spec.

Well worth trying to get top money for it in my opinion seeing as it has full service history,

1 owner and described in exellant condition so its hardly the average run of the mill car.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

It's not expensive because a £12k (and less) UK Spec will have at the very least, 100k on the mileage.

Looks tidy.

Or 70k ;)

It does look very nice and hopefully someone will take it at that price (probably foreign) and look after it.

I think it is overpriced. With lots of TT's well under £6k at the moment I wouldn't pay 60-70% as much just because it was from the UK. Just my opinion.

I dunno mate, as a community you moan that prices are too low, then when a mint condition, low mileage limited number UK manual car with fsh is up for that price its too expensive?

If I had the cash Id get it and squirrel it away, can really only go up in value

Or 70k ;)

It does look very nice and hopefully someone will take it at that price (probably foreign) and look after it.

yeah 10k on the road and 60k on the track in the barriers at the ring :D

this UK spec makes yours look rusty Josh ;)

The one for sale is probably the best UK you can get, mileage, 1 owner, FSH, etc etc definately worth it if thats what your after. I would go Jap everytime though but thats my preference. The extras you get on a UK spec dont warrant a massive price hike to me

Edited by scotty71 (see edit history)

I think it is overpriced. With lots of TT's well under £6k at the moment I wouldn't pay 60-70% as much just because it was from the UK. Just my opinion.

Give me an 2002 Facelift TT anyday.

Me too! Have you seen the underneath of some normal 5 year old UK cars!

Though saying that this one seems an exception, like it's been garaged all it's life.

Bit like Darron's car :cool:

UK's will always be more than their Japanese counter parts its just fact. For a UK you are paying for the rarity and extra appeal they have to the European community. One of the last UK's produced and its a minter worth every penny IMO.

you can look at this two ways re the 'value'..............you can obviously spend less and get arguably a better driving/handling car or certainly the same driving experience and in a newer car, suggesting better value.

Or you could argue that this supra with just 2 owners and a few more miles in a few years time will still fetch very good money due to its rarity and hence will long term also be good value?

I could not choose this car when the 98 black 47k vvti tiptronic car in the classifieds is as near as damn it half the price! but saying that it would not surprise me if in 2 years time they had lost a similar amount in depreciation...........so does the original outlay matter that much? it's cashflow and an increased risk (re accident/write off or that they do take a bit of a nose dive or that whilst rare you struggle to find a buyer quickly - as i'm pretty sure this will, worth it perhaps yes but it's not got people fighting for it at this price) that would put me off.

I dunno mate, as a community you moan that prices are too low, then when a mint condition, low mileage limited number UK manual car with fsh is up for that price its too expensive?

I don't think I have ever moaned that they are too cheap... As a buyer in my eyes the cheaper the better. I suspect it is the sellers on here that think them too cheap at the moment. I see your point though.

I think the main reason the UK cars have had a higher price tag is due to be import friendly to our European counterparts.

I think you have hit the nail on the head :)