The mkiv Supra Owners Club

6 Speed Conversion query

listy

right im looking to buy a twin turbo when i get back from afghan end of the year. currently have an N/A and want something more. however i notice the prices for TT 6speed have gone up some since i got the N/A just over a year ago. So my question is, to anyone whos done it....how much do you think i could get a 6 speed getrag for (or something else if recommended), and what else would i need to get if anything, and how much it would cost roughly to convert an auto to a manual?

any input would be appreciated because obviously being where i am right now i dont really have much time to research it myself.

Pre-said Thanks to anyone who can help.

Ta Listy

to convert from auto to man 6spd i'd say it would cosy in the region of 3-4k... :( i personally don't know what is involved with the mechanical side of things so thats where the more 'experienced' members come into theis thread!! :)

incidently... what reg you in?? my mates set to go afghan by end of the year too in the RLGB's??? i think thats what its called!!

well its not cheap unfortunately, if you wan to got for the supra box the v160 or v161 you are going to be looking at around 2.5k for the box alone, plus the diff, prop and all the other bits, pedals, transmission tunnel, manual spedo's, dash surrounds etc etc plus labour so you are going to be looking at around 5k unless you are able to do work yourself, which will obviously knock the labour price off.

you do have the option to got for the R154 box which although is not as strong an not able to pull BIG numbers it is easily capable of bpu power so this could be an option but although the box is cheaper you will never get the same resale value plus there is a few other bits you need for the conversion.

next option would be to drop a TT lump into your N/a, but assuming you have a manual therefore having a w58 box you will have to be careful with TT power, and I know that there is a few members running TT and in some cases BPU, it is still not advised due to if you have a heavy right foot going through the gears you will soon see the end of your box!

imo just buy a TT6 as TTauto+conversion will equal a similar price to a TT6.

cheers guys think the TT6 is gona be the best bet as you say. just have to persuade the goddam wife to let me up my limit by a couple of grand. stupidly i told her i would spend no more than 8k!!! what an idiot lol

If you speak to Jurgen he is new than likely able to source you a Getrag 6spd, but expect to pay between £2.2k-£3k for the box alone... If you look in the stickies on here you'll see a 6spd conversion and all the bits needed.

Dave