The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine Undertray (The tray under the engine)

SteveC

AKA 'Cover, Engine Under, No.1' - Toyota part number 51440-14010

It would appear to me that the same part number fits all Supra's - NA's, Manuals, Autos, VVTi's - but please check yourself!

This engine undertray is certainly in usable condition, but it has had a small repair near where they have the split. I took it off my UK spec as I found a virtually new one to put on instead.

If anyone needs a picture let me know and it will encourage me to get it down from the rafters in the garage.

Ideal if yours is pretty knackered or missing altogether.

£25 including UK delivery.

Now sold

Can you just clarify what the part is again? it goes where? :D

Covers the top of the engine I think. You bolt it to the windscreen.

There really need to be rules in place for advertising so people know what they're buying.

Play nicely children, for jackso11 just isn't too sure what's for sale:

Can you just clarify what the part is again? it goes where? :D

Do you really want me to tell you? OK then, here goes...

Well, at the front of 'Mr Car' - not the end with the red lights, the end with the white lights - under an aluminium lid called 'Mr Bonnet', there's a big lump of metal called 'Mr Engine'.

Under Mr Engine there's 'Mr Plastic' (known to the clever children as 'Mr Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene') that keeps naughty Mr Dirt jumping off Mr Road and onto Mr Engine... now now children. :)

This very helpful Mr Plastic also helps Mr Air flow nicely under the Mr Car and therefore doesn't slow down the progress of happy Mr Car. Brum Brum...

That, boys and girls, is what's for sale. Now time for bed. :D

Josh, it's an undertray. 99% of cars have them and they go in the same location on every single car. When someone says they have an undertray for sale it's pretty much a given what it is lol. The picture was required to show the condition but that was sorted out last night.

BTW there are 2 undertrays on the Supra, the seller has clearly said this is undertray no.1.

Haha.

Steve, do you really only have a lump of metal in your engine bay? how does your car move if it just has a solid lump of metal instead of an engine? Magice car :)

Its nice that you have given lots of things names, like Mr Car and Mr Bonnet, but it seems odd that everything in your world is a Mr, where are the Miss and Mrs? :)

Josh, it's an undertray. 99% of cars have them and they go in the same location on every single car. When someone says they have an undertray for sale it's pretty much a given what it is lol. The picture was required to show the condition but that was sorted out last night.

BTW there are 2 undertrays on the Supra, the seller has clearly said this is undertray no.1.

So it doesn't bolt to the windscreen?

I want my money back!

I was being sarcastic about the tile of the thread.....don't tell me that went over your head. Josh got it straight away.

And yet Ellis caught on right away ;)

Oops, left out Josh. He did too ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.