The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sensitive question - overweight passengers

Soopra

I have a friend who wants to go in my Supra and to put it politely she's overweight.

So far she has ruined the passenger seat in 3 of my previous cars ( 2 x MK5 Cortina's and a 525i BMW).

I'm worried that she'll wreck the seat in my Supra especially as its a "bucket" seat.

Your thoughts please...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my "buckets" are just the standard seats. unfortunately she is very overweight (I was trying to be polite) and I don't think she'll fit in the standard seats.

well if you are just taking her for a couple of rides, and she can put up with sitting in discomoft, I wouldn't have thought it would have done any lasting damage. if she is in it on a regular basis it may damage the upholstury for example collapse.

Thats about all the info I can offer i'm afraid, but if she can not fit in the seats then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

if it's any help the standard seats (especially passenger side ones) are often almost given away if you can pick them up, so losing one to your friend won't be costly...............in fact I have one I don't need anymore so give her a ride and if she destroys it you can have that :)

Well im 18 and a half stone.

My seats have never given way, or been ruined..........Lets hope she dont ever find this thread

Thanks, this is what I needed to know. She probably weighs around that.

BTW she is unlikely to ever see the forum - it's not Dr Who related so she won't have found it!!

I'd be more worried about the increase in fuel consumption... :D

lol :)

if it's any help the standard seats (especially passenger side ones) are often almost given away if you can pick them up, so losing one to your friend won't be costly...............in fact I have one I don't need anymore so give her a ride and if she destroys it you can have that :)

Just say that you can just sqeeze in so it will be really uncomfortable for her, plus its not safe to to be in a car if you dont fit in the seat, your only thinking about her saftey lol

thanks for pointing this out - so obvious and i never thought of it :)

I can't help I'm afraid but I'm sure there will be plenty of people offering all sorts of opinions that'll make your friend feel really awful if she ever read them.

I have no idea what My esteemed colleague Mr M means but would it not be more beneficial for her to push you around for few miles?

H.

Edited by Havard
spelling (see edit history)

I have no idea what Mr esteemed colleague Mr M means but would it not be more beneficial for her to push you around for few miles?

H.

This thread is useless without pics..!!

On a serious note, if you do sense that the seat is buckling under the strain it will be simple to get her out of the car, piece of cake in fact...!!

H.

:rlol: Fantastic :D