The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Loks - dyno results

loks

What do people think of my latest results. Tuned using the F-Con.

Seems a little too smooth comparing to others results? The power delivery feels nice though.

Part added above stock - Nur Spec exhaust, double de-catt, FMIC, HKS fuel pump + regulator, HKS fuel rail + 680 injectors, F-con fuel management, HKS plugs, furry dice, Oil cooler, PWR radiator, autobox cooler....

Where next?

loks_dyno1_aug04.jpg

Hi Dave

What is 368.2PS converted to horse power? It would be interesting to compare our results as both cars were tuned by the same company, on the same dyno and we have very similar mods.

Yours: Nur Spec exhaust, double de-catt, FMIC, HKS fuel pump + regulator, HKS fuel rail + 680 injectors, F-con fuel management, HKS plugs, Oil cooler, PWR radiator, autobox cooler

Mine: ARC exhaust, no cats, HKS R-type FMIC, fuel pump, HKS fuel regulator, HKS rail & 680cc injectors (440cc injectors fitted on this dyno run), Greddy e-manage, HKS s45i plugs, oil cooler, Fluidyne radiator, HKS cams/pulleys (i256/e264)

The main differences are the fuel management, the cams in mine, your turbos are running sequentially and mine are in parallel, yours is auto, mine is manual.

Comparing the 2 results I noticed that my maximum power is at about 4800rpm, where as yours is at about 5200rpm, I'm guessing this would be due to the different cams or the timing map on the e-manage??

What boost were you running at on the dyno? Mine was done at 1.2bar.

nic5.jpg

Nic,

I would have thought that we would have been closer than we are.

At the wheels:

Loks:308PS(304BHP)

Nic: 360BHP

Now with you having just really the extra cams would the different fuel/engine management, auto/manual box really make that much difference?

Having turbos running in TT or sequential should result in the same output at the top of the range wouldn't you think?

Don't know what boost they were running at the time as I wasn't there but the boost controller was set to a maximum of 1.2bar when I picked it up.

One thing they did tell me is that they run the auto's in 2nd gear and the manuals in 3rd for the dynos.

I notice that your dyno was made in Nov 2002. How about we have a dyno shootout next weekend? We could ask Adrian Teal (Ateal) to join us, as he has a bog standard car. It would be nice for comparison.

Did you see the white supra in Top Racing this weekend? It was having a huge bodykit (locally made) fitted and lambo doors ;:eek:

Hi Dave

Yes I would have expected the results to be closer than this. When I had the cams fitted I noticed a bit of extra power mid to high rpms. Not sure how much difference the timing map on the e-manage will make?? The ambient temperature will probably have made some difference, it is pretty damn hot at the moment, it would have been a bit cooler in November when mine was dyno'd. You certainly notice the difference in power when it is hot here, it feels like you lose about 10% compared to the winter temps.

The other things that may make a little difference, I had a head rebuild done by Chris W and brand new short block (standard 2jzgte block, crank, pistons,etc) so the engine was virtually new and just run in at the time.

I'm guessing that 2nd gear in an auto will be similar ratio to 3rd in a manual.

Still between jobs so the dyno run is not an option at the moment, perhaps later in the year. The best thing to do would be for both of us to drive each car back to back, we should be able to tell then if there really is that much difference.

No I didn't see the white one, not been down there for a while, but need to in the next few weeks to get a service.

cheers