The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rough decibel rating level without cats

The-Plethora

I realise this could vary quite a bit!

My work sponsors the ambulances at the castle coombe circuit and they have organised a race day for us in the next few weeks where you get driven round in Ferraris etc.

But the reason I am going is because they are also allowing you to bring your own car and take it round the circuit on the day. This is great for me as I get to experience the track when there will only be one or two other cars on so I can see if it's my 'thing' or not.

They have to do a check on the morning and we have been given a max noise level of 110 db, I don't think my car is very loud but it is full decat. Would it be likely I would be over this limit? Forgot to ask if anyone brought a db meter to Jfest. Maybe if people with no cats who have had a db check could post up their db figures?

Thanks Homer thats very helpful. I presume a test at 4K RPM is the standard db measure?

Hmm, just had a thought, there may be an app or something on android that may do the job, I will have a look.

The iPhone ones are limited by hardware and only go to 95db or something

Not sure about android but I guess the same applies.

Mine was 115 db iirc. Scraped through the noise test. Double decat and nur spec