The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance and high theft risk

Need4Speed

Insurance companies tell me my Supra is a high risk car as far as theft is concerned.

Has anyone on here actually had one stolen, and if so in what circumstances. I remember Snowman had his nicked on a forged bank draft, but what about normal "where's my Supe gone?" theft.

Originally posted by John Packham

Has anyone on here actually had one stolen, and if so in what circumstances.

There was a guy who works at a college who had his nicked, in Bristol IIRC. I'll see if I can find the original thread.

Stealing the keys is an obvious one, but usually even I can't find my keys in my own house.

Now I have the ultimate anti-theft device... the car has no wheels on it!

And

as far as insurance goes i`ve been quoted a lot cheaper for a supra tt then the calibra turbo le i sold last month.
in that case I won't dell my Supra and by a Calibra Turbo:p

You raised a good point there fella. If you consider the size of this club and the proportion of overall supe owners contained within our club statistically speaking supes just don't get knicked. Add to that the fact that most on this forum would be in the Modded to be more attractive to thievin mutha's category thats actually quite good. So Mr insurance man is again talking out of his bung hole..

On a different note the getting into cars real quickly thing reminded me of summat, jake what happened to that jag that was parked outside?