The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R888 out of stock!!

ADD

Cheers lads I'll have a look at the D02G and D03G's. I presume they are both road legal semi's?

Ad

Yup as far as im aware. The D02Gs are discontinued now though.

I hear good things about the yokohama A048s as well

Can anyone help I'm trying to Source some 235/40/18 and 265/35/18 R888's but everywhere I go seem to be out of stock :(

I have searched about a month and didnt find anywhere 265/35/18 R888 :/ So i just bought 275/40/18 R888 from camskill. It just i got 9 inch wide rims.. just have to wait and see how they sit :)

Michelin do the Pilot Sport Cup in a wide range of 19 inch sizes, the firsrt link is a bit out of date on sizes, but a Google search will find them. They also do them in 20 inch sizes now, too. Superb tyre, make R888's look daft. Not handed so can be swapped side to side to even wear, and last far better on track than the soft R888 compounds which are far too soft for a fast lorry like a MKIV.

http://www.autotek.fi/pdf/Michelin_Care_and_Feeding.pdf

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/michelin/product/byName.do?tmn=Pilot+Sport+Cup&typ=Passenger%2FPerformance

T1R is discontinued.

They are not high performance either, I just did a lot of research and they are on par with Falken FK452. T1Rs are quieter though, and wear a bit quicker. Both these tyres get good reviews, T1Rs are used by a lot of people on here, but they are far from road legal track tyres.

Edited by jackso11 (see edit history)

Michelin do the Pilot Sport Cup in a wide range of 19 inch sizes, the firsrt link is a bit out of date on sizes, but a Google search will find them. They also do them in 20 inch sizes now, too. Superb tyre, make R888's look daft. Not handed so can be swapped side to side to even wear, and last far better on track than the soft R888 compounds which are far too soft for a fast lorry like a MKIV.

http://www.autotek.fi/pdf/Michelin_Care_and_Feeding.pdf

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/michelin/product/byName.do?tmn=Pilot+Sport+Cup&typ=Passenger%2FPerformance

I'll have a look into those tomo chris thanks pal

Ad

Pirelli may have stock of the new P-Zero Trofeo in those sizes by now. These took over from the excellent P-Zero Corsas, of which a few old stock items may remain. I don't know if they did much in 19 inch though in the Corsa.

i got quoted for these 295/30/19s £1200 for a pair ! flippin ridiculous

got r888s from camskill for £538

The reason for me wanting to get a tyre like the R888 or A048 is i cant put the power down since going single, do i need to change all 4 tyres for semi slicks or can i just put the rears to them and keep the fronts a performance tyre????

These DOT marked track tyres are a harder compound with much stiffer sidewalls than normal performance road tyres, exactly what you don't want for accelerative grip on the road. They need camber (bad fro traction) and some heat to work well. What you should be shopping for are a decent LSD, and decent properly valved dampers and matching springs. If you want to go faster round a track, with less chance of melting the tyres, these track day specials have a place, I don't think they are what you need for traction on the road.

These DOT marked track tyres are a harder compound with much stiffer sidewalls than normal performance road tyres, exactly what you don't want for accelerative grip on the road. They need camber (bad fro traction) and some heat to work well. What you should be shopping for are a decent LSD, and decent properly valved dampers and matching springs. If you want to go faster round a track, with less chance of melting the tyres, these track day specials have a place, I don't think they are what you need for traction on the road.

i can comment on this heres the bottom line, on pirelli p zero rosso n1s porsche 911 tyres i had no traction below 110 mph, i now have full traction from 60 mph on r888s that are 10mm narrower, and first and second gear although sliughtly spinning nowhere near as bad as the pirellis.

i cannot express how much difference it has made i went from 0 - 100 mph in 10 seconds down to 0 - 100 mph in 7 seconds just from tyre change.

the a048s are supposedly even better than r888s but they dont do them in 19s so i had no choice.

on big power cars they are the only choice mate nothing else will do.

the a048s are supposedly even better than r888s but they dont do them in 19s so i had no choice.

on big power cars they are the only choice mate nothing else will do.

Not sure where you looked, but I'm needing exactly the same size tyres as you've bought and Camskill have Advans in stock. Although the Toyos are about £50 more expensive today!!!

Edited by sdistc (see edit history)