The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rust master undersealing

jackso11

Just thought I would post incase anyone was thinkin about getting their car undersealled. I went to Rustmater near St Albans at the weekend and they undersealed/waxoyled my sup. Looks like new under there now!

When I got the car back (took 4 hours) it looked perfect, drove home and then realised the entire car was covered in a very fine film of tar like stuff. The guy there had said if I find any on the car anywhere it would come off with white spirit. So I washed the entire car armed with white spirit, fairy liquid (to cut the white spirit off), car shampoo (to wash the fairy liquid off) and wax.

End result was perfect looking car all over :)

Garanteed for 5 years with free annual touch ups, I think it was worth it (£400), although they could have washed it after for me.

shot blasted and powder coated the entire underneath of your car??

White spirit was only on for a few seconds, thats why I had the fairy liquid. Can't beed fairy for cutting spirits off anything, obviously then you need to wash the car properly and polish it. Paint wasn't effected. :) its white spirit not thinners!

been thinking of undersealing mine as its looking a bit tired and dry.Whats the best product to use.

For springs, shocks,brake lines , etc use Dinitrol -AV8 (SPRAY CAN) , for floors and chassis use POR15 - metal prep then top coat -box sections; metal prep then AV8

Both products dont come off clothing and take 3 or 4 days to get off your hands and hair - gloves ,overalls and and old hat/cap !!!

shot blasted and powder coated the entire underneath of your car??

Oh not that extreme, I thought you was referring to the suspension and subframes :D

To be honest i cant say rust is a major issue on the actual underbody of the car from what ive seen but that would the only place id use stonechip or shultz.

I just finished doing the underside and wheelarches on mine with U-POL Raptor bed liner as recommended by someone on here. It took a lot longer than four hours (mainly due to all the cleaning and prep work beforehand) but was worth it and it looks very neat. It is quite hard (compared to an "underseal") and extremely tough.

It always quicker when you have the expert tools though. Power washer and a massive dryer, and different shaped lances for spraying.

I scrubbed the underside of the whole car with various brushes and soaps before doing any real prep work - that's what took the time. :D

;)

I swear by that stuff for underbody and inside wheel arches.

I'd recommend it to anyone now, thank mate. :thumbs:

btw: doesn't Juergen offer this service for £100, shame he is not local.

now this i didnt know i will defo be in touch with mr jurgen when i get back from lemans as mine is needed....can he do it in one day so i can drive up and drive back

now this i didnt know i will defo be in touch with mr jurgen when i get back from lemans as mine is needed....can he do it in one day so i can drive up and drive back

Yes he can. I had mine done in a single day along with 4 caliper refurb and full service.